Break Point

Lily's POV

I gathered my hair in my hand and tied it up as I went up the stairs to my room.

Earlier today when we arrived I had rushed to talk with Jack. He was not angry anymore, part of the magic of this place is to ease people and make them calm. Jack and I talked for a long time, he loves me and I love him and I know I should have told him about my mothers plan and Edmund but I was afraid of his reaction. The worse was  the disappointment in his voice as he talked to me. I wanted him to understand that I was happy now, that I wasn't her slave anymore, that my father had finally talked to me after all those years and that for once I had allowed myself to hope. But Jack is bitter, he has seen me at my lowest and knows how bad I can get when I ignore the problem at hand and let it get bigger until I can no longer solve it alone. He's right, it was foolish of me to accept the ring, to allow myself to believe knowing that at the end I will only get worse and hurt him more. But I am a dreamer and I can't help but give it a chance in hopes that my prophecy is wrong, that no one but myself defines my path. That's what kills him, to know that no matter what he says I am stubborn and I wont deviate, at the end he will be the only one left to pick up the piece.

I opened the door to my room and undressed myself as I walked to the bathroom. I looked at my naked figure on the mirror, I looked the same as I always have, but inside I felt entirely different. I loved the way that my skin felt every time that I was with Edmund. How every touch of his fingers would make my heart race, I loved the way he knew how to touch me and make me feel good and as I stood there and touched myself I heard his voice.

"I don't know what is sexier"He spoke, I had been so tired that I hadn't noticed that he was in the tub when I came in. "To watch you please your self while moaning my name, or watch your self watch yourself please yourself" he remarked

"I wasn't-"

"Oh yes you were..." He chuckled as he rubbed his chin and stared at my figure. "my name has never sounded better, not ever."

I turned around and sat on the ground, curled up in a ball with my back against the wall. "I feel like crap" I let out as I started to cry and I felt Edmunds wet arms lift me up and carry me to the tub. He sat me in and a second later he was in front of me inside the tub.

"Tell me what's wrong" he whispered as he pulled me closer and I wrapped my legs around him. I stayed there for a second enjoying this moment between us as I kissed his chest.

"I love you, I need you to know that." I started. Then knowing he would be looking at me I looked up into his eyes and just like that he forgot to worry about me and kissed me. I didn't want him to know how all the love I had for him, was slowly destroying me.

***

I opened my eyes to find that Edmund was no longer in bed and that I was alone in our room. Our window, opened, the breeze dancing with the curtains as the shower of sunlight woke me up. I loved my palace, specially my room, it had a view of the sea and every morning I would wake up listening to the waves hitting the sand and my people getting ready to start the day. It was my home and I had been gone for too long, it was time to get work done.

I quickly changed into comfortable clothes so I could be walking or riding or whatever mode of transport was required to get around and I could do my job. As I walked up to the breakfast room I was so busy making a mental checklist of all the things needed I hadn't noticed that I could no longer hear any thoughts through the walls. My hand gripped the golden handle on the wooden door and as I pushed it open I finally noticed why.

Jack was at the front of the room, everyone turned around to look at me and at the very back, nearest to me was Edmund. I should have known he was going to find out sooner or later but nothing ever did prepare me for the look of utter and absolute pain he had on his face as he turned around to look at me. As I looked around I noticed that Edmund wasn't the only one feeling that sentiment.