t w e n t y f o u r

"I'm still so awkward around your parents. I really don't think they like me." I groan stomping my feet in the ground whole Shawn tries shoving me toward his parents door.

"You use to always come to my house anyways. They should accept you by now!" Shawn whines and I loosen up and he is now able to drag me to the house.

We knock several times and his mother opens the door and immediately throws her arms over Shawn. "Hey baby, and ah, Shawn's baby." She hugs me right and pulls the two of us in.

"Your dad isn't home right now. He's been feeling sick so he's in the hospital." His mom warns Shawn. "Mom! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to tell you in person. I didn't want your to have to freak. I promise you he's okay." Karen whispers in Shawn's ear.

I walk toward him and rub his back. "He's strong, you'll be alright. And he will be too."

We all walk into the living room where Shawn and I sit across his mother. "So I had news but I would rather tell the both of you together. So we can either go to the hospital or FaceTime."

"Here. I'll call him." Shawn's mom picks up her laptop and sets up the video chat and waits for Manny to answer.

"Hey dad! Reunited. Sorta. It's been a few months and I have good news." Shawn says with the most adorable face. "Hi, son. Miss you, kiddo."

I see the look in Shawn's eyes and wow do I love him. He has this mix of care yet a worrisome expression.

"Dad. Remember Taylor my best friend?" Shawn pulls me into the camera and Karen sits next to Shawn. "Well..." Shawn takes rhe ring out of his pocket and puts it on his finger. "We're getting married!"

"Oh sweetie!" Karen squeals as she wraps her arms around Shawn and I at the same time. We look to Manny and he lays restless with a smile. "Growing boy... Growing, growing." Shawn's dad's eyes close as he has a smile. "Happy for you. I should get back to sleep now."

"Okay dad! Wedding in twelve days and I would love for you to be there!" Shawn gets hesitant in pressing end call. "Mom? I'll see you too right. Mailing invitations by tonight!"

Shawn wanted to stay longer but we had to see my side. But that's not as much of a train wreck feeling for me.

4:19 pm

"That's great! Holy shit Taylor! Cool! Nice man!" Gilinsky's dad pats my back an kisses my forehead. "Haha, thanks David."

"My baby is growing up. I can't believe you're making things official and Shawn aw baby. Who knew it would be you two." Katherine says.

See, I lost my parents in middle school and Gil's parents took me in right away because we were always close. They are still a family of mine and deserve to know about me and Shawn's engagement.

And I'm glad to say Shawn's side and my side are very supportive with our decision.

0320