Chapter 23- Reminiscing

"So Kousei-kun, mind telling us what happened the past few weeks that you always look so confident and happy?" Seto-san asked out of the blue while I inspiringly play the piano forming tunes and notes. Eversince that invitation with Misaki-san, i just got carried away and confident with things. Maybe I was just being too excited and desperate that things would work out right. But I do have an instinct that this day would be a great success. For me, and Kaori.

"Eeh? Do I really look like one? Well, I must say, I just figured out someone special is here all along, Seto-san." She smirked while looking at me with a mischievous smile. "Ooh, really? Mind sharing it with us? Right, Nagi?"

"Wait, someone special? Could it be me? Ooh no, how cliche!" Nagi flinched while hiding her reddening face.

I chuckled a bit. "Forgive me, but I was planning to surprise you all for this. After everything's all settled, don't worry. I will all introduce her to you guys. Pretty sure Watari and my other schoolmates back when I was in middle school would be surprised."

"Is that so? That person must be really special. Can't wait to see." Seto-san replied.

"Come to think of it, Koharu has always been gone lately, Seto-san"

"Haihai, I guess she's pretty fond of walking in the neighborhood. She's at a developing stage anyway so I don't mind it at all." I stood up, fixing my ironed attire and my well-combed hair, ready to go. "Is that so? Well then, I'll be back at noon. Nagi, do you want me to bring anything for you? I'll go buy something for you if you want."

"Really? Hmm... Chocolates could be nice!" She replied overwhelmingly and eagerly. I patted her blonde hair afterwards. "All right then. Jaa-nee!~" and I finally left the room. I breathe deeply and fixed my posture. "Here we go."

~~~~~"""""~~~~~

When I arrived at the main gate, I was surprised that Misaki-san was already outside waiting for me. I felt guilty about it knowing that gentleman should always be atleast 20 minutes early before that girl arrives. I got out of the taxi cab and ran towards her "Sumimasen, i'm sorry if I made you wait."

"No no, it's okay. It's mainly my fault for being too early. So, shall we?"

"Alright then, let's go to the pastry shop. I heard you like sweets the most."

"Yes I do. I really love them, especially chocolate toppings."

After half an hour, we finally managed to reach our destination. We went to the usual store we visit back when were in Middle school. Also, there are children playing inside, so I bet she'll get used to it. "This shop looks good, Arima-san. I never tought you're actually good in finding choices"."

"Ah, not really. It's just that I already ate here with someone by coincidence."

"Really? I can't wait to try out their chocolate toppings! Let's go Arima-san." She pulled me with my wrist which made me a bit flustered about the situation. It's been a while since we did this. How nostalgic.

We sat down at the middle with a flower vase on the table. This is the most perfect place for both of us. I guided Misaki-san with the chair as she sat down like a lady. After that, I also sat down at the opposite side of the table. The table seems a bit narrow to me which makes us closer to each other. My face reddened thinking about it.

"Doshitano, Arima-san? Is there anything wrong?"

"Ooh no, not at all. Come on, let's order something." I carefully grabbed the two menus placed on the center and gave the other one to Misaki-san.