Speaking to God the first time

You must believe that God wants to speak to you more than you can imagine. He created you and He loves you. He gave you His only son Jesus Christ to prove how much He loves you. Listening to God speak to you can transform your life and the way you look at things.
How do I start?The first time you speak to God is crucial, find a quiet place where it you will not be disturbed, free up your mind. Keep a pen and paper handy to write down what you hear. Wait on God, tell Him that you love Him and want to speak to Him. Ask him a question. A good starting question is "God, What do you think of me?".Just wait for a bit and then you will hear a flow of words, shut down you mind and just write down or type whatever you hear. Do not allow your mind to process this information, it will reason away what you hear and not let you get the full message. Note down what ever you hear as long as you hear the flow.
The message you receive will surely surprise you. You will likely get something on how much God loves you and cares about you. The message will be so awesome, you may find it hard to believe that the Creator of the universe speaks to you and the things He says to you will be fantastic. This is the starting point of a journey that is sure to transform you.

REAL LIFE INSPIRATION

This is my Personal Testimony (FranzEvanz)
The first time a young man spoke to God was a complete shock to him, he heard people speaking of how God communicated with them and how they took many important decisions after consulting him. This shook his views on life, either these people were completely nuts or he was missing out on something awesome. One more thing that held him back was that these people were really famous men and women of God, they could perform miracles and heal people and they had big ministries. He was just a common sinner, a bigger sinner than most.
When listening to one sermon on how to speak to God on the internet this man decided to try it out. He took his out laptop to take notes, sat in a quiet place and tried speaking to God. It completely changed his life, the message that God had for him was so personal and so awesome that he could not believe it. He thought God was joking, and he in fact did not write down the whole message, he skipped out parts that sounded too good to be true.
Later he realised how stupid he was, he went back and added whatever he skipped the first time around. Over time God has spoken to this man time and again, the messages he gets are still too good to believe but fortunately God has worked wonders in his life and he is now able to trust God. He is the God and creator of the universe, nothing is impossible to him.

LIFE APPLICATION

*Strike a conversation with God, if you have not spoken to him yet
*Remember God is always trying to reach out to you, its up to you to respond