chapter 3:post apocalypse: the day after

The sun pierced through the window waking me up. I checked my clock and saw 10am. I tried getting up at my normal speed and realized that down there was a little sore. I walked it off totally forgetting the fact that Carlisle did not use a condom.

I walked down the stairs one by one making a painful face every time my legs separated, until I reached the living room . I saw everyone sitting and eating breakfast. Carlisle began to blush and the rest of the gang looked back.

"No longer a virgin !" Tanya said mocking me.

I said nothing ,but I couldn't help but blush.

"Did anyone make jaden and orhyle breakfast?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Yh" Quinn answered giving me the side eye.

Shaquan: how can a four year old be vegan?

Me: something we both promised our dad when he left. He said when he returned from Iraq that we would go to the most expensive restaurant and eat as much steak as we could . I guess we just figured that we had to be vegan from then there on.

Shaquan :cool. Hey Carlisle I need as ride to school for lacrosse practise.

Me :jaden too . I was going to let him skip ,but his manager would kill me.

Carlisle:sure we can all go for brunch after. What time is your practise?

Shaquan: 10:30

"We're going to take a shower."Carlisle said as he walked over to rub my shoulders.

Every one suddenly looked up and he quickly corrected himself. "I meen I'm going to take a shower."

We tried to quickly run up the stairs but Tanya's voice was quicker.

"So where is myke going?" She questioned.

We went up stairs, hand in hand and sat on the bed. I quickly had a flashback of last night and remembered the fact that Carlisle may or may not used a condom.

'Carlisle!' I blurted out.
'Yes hon...' I cut him off before he could finish.
'Did you use a condom?' I questioned feeling ashamed. I felt like one of those girls who had too much to drink, slept with a guy and then regrets it the day after.

Carlisle sighed and then walked over to me. He held my hand and then answered no. My heart skipped a beat there's a good chance that I could be carrying a child. I'm only fifteen what am I going to do.

"Look , when we drop shaquan , orhyle, jaden and tanya at school we can go to the pharmacy and buy the day after pill. Simple" Carlisle said.

"And what are we going to do with Quinn?"

" We can tell him you need an epipen and leave him in the car. Amyke ,baby, just ,just hear me out."

I took a quick shower and slipped into my black joggers with white stars, a baseball T-shirt (black and white) and white Nike sneakers with a black tick.

Jaden , orhyle and shaquan packed what they needed for lacrosse practise and we all left. It was about a 45 min.to a hour tops , drive to the school. We dropped off Tanya, orhyle, jaden and shaquan to practise and swung by the nearest pharmacy.

"Stay here ." carlisle said handing Quinn the keys.
"Why?" Quinn responded
"Because we're not going to take long, we just need to get amyke an epipen." Carlisle answered.
"Exactly we're not going to be long, more than enough reasons for me to come."Quinn argued
"Fuck . just stay here Quinn" carlisle said angrily.
"Fine, when you say it like that." Quinn replied defeated.

We walked into the pharmacy and the smell of pain killers filled our noses. The place looked ramsacked, expensive oxycon just laid out flat on the floor, liquid paracetamol filled the floor and there was no one around to be found.

Carlisle: where is everyone?
Me:I don't know but this place is too quiet. There's something wrong.

The room went silent  once we stopped talking. With eyes opened wide we scanned the room for anything suspicious. As we walked down the aisle, hand in hand we saw the most gruesome thing.

It was a man,well,that's what we thought. He laid flat on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding him......but that was not the weirdest thing... There was another man that appeared to be giving him CPR, well that's what we thought. The man's head was in the other man's stomach and what he was doing was so nasty,gruesome, non humane that the pizza that I ate the prior night came back up.

Carlisle stood there in shock reassuring me what I saw was real. Before I could say something, after wiping my mouth ,carlisle picked up a bottle of gummy vitamins and threw it at the head of the man that appeared to be eating the other man.

The man immediately looked up and began to run after us. I stood there in shock, shaking. The creature was about three feet away from me when carlisle grabbed my shirt and knocked me out of my stupidness.

"Amyke,run!!" Carlisle said as he was heading for the door.

"Quinn, Quinn, Quinn, Quinnnnn!" We both screamed. But the windows in the car was up, the ac was on, we could hear the loud music , and his eyes was down in his iPhone.

We ran outside towards the car and what we saw made inside look like vanilla ice cream. There was about fifty or seventy of them just migrating towards the car where Bob Marley loudly sang.

They were clearly attracted to sound. With quinn still in his phone we feared for the worst.......

Please vote , comment anything that is not clear. First time author<3