Stressed Out

Jackie booed at the screen of my laptop as we watched her favorite model get kicked off ANTM. She threw popcorn agitatedly and I swatted her arm. "What did you expect Jackie? We're watching reruns of old cycles. Nothing's changed."

"I'm just hoping that in the future time travel exists and someone just as angry as me about Allies wrongful demise changes the past to create a better future." I start laughing at her as she speaks. Sometimes she's so outrageous.

"How many time travel movies have there been for us to know that changing the past is never a good thing Jackie?"

"Too many to count but so what. Someone is going to make a time travel machine and someone is eventually going to travel back in time and try to fuck up the world as we know it but we'll never notice because the wrong will be righted and yadda yadda yadda.  I bet you it's happened already."

"What has?" I asked, taking a breather in between laughing.

"Someone's time travelled, fucked up the past and then gone back to fix it and returned time to its normal flow."

"You're crazy."

"Maybe but I could be right too." I start up the next episode as Jackie digs her hand around in the depleting popcorn bowl. "Popcorn me." She says holding out the bowl. I roll my eyes.

"Well if you would stop throwing pieces around my room every time you were in satisfied maybe we would have more to eat and not a mess for me to clean up later." I say as I pick up thrown kernels on my way out the door and dump them in a small trashcan.

"Well if the judges just judged correctly I wouldn't be unsatisfied!" She called back to me. I rolled my eyes as I walked down the stairs. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner and she looked up as I came down.

"More popcorn?" She asks. I sigh and nod my head. "Is she messing up your room again?" She's smiling so I know she's not angry. I laugh a little.

"Yeah but we'll clean it up, promise." I say pulling out a bag of popcorn from the box I left on the kitchen table.

"I know you will but you two should stop eating soon. Dinner will be ready in an hour and you'll spoil your appetite."

"Don't worry Mrs. Karson you know I love to eat." Jackie said, coming down the stairs. My mom laughed as I shook my head at my best friend, waiting for the microwave to ding.

"Oh, I know." My mom replied lightly. "Are you girls still watching America Next Top Model."

"Of course." Jackie said. "We're almost through season seven." My mom nodded her head, smiling.

"Well, your father should I be home soon Lily. You girls have fun and I'll call you when dinner is ready." The microwave dinged and I opened it to take out the bag.

"Thanks mom." I said kissing her cheek before heading back upstairs with Jackie. "You know, we really should be studying for our test in history."

"Yeah but... This is more fun." Jackie said, flopping down onto my bed." I laughed and shook my head at her. Taking the popcorn bag from me, Jackie opened it and dumped the contents into the bowl she had grabbed before we left. "So you haven't been texting Calum as much as you usually do. Something up?" Jackie asked as I started up the new episode.