Chapter 3

I got home at 9:30pm.

The first person I saw in the house was mom. She was sitting down on the couch, in the living room reading some lifestyle magazine, as always.

"Hi Mom" I said to her, hugged her, and kissed her on the cheek

"How was the funeral?" she asked

"You know, just the usual ones" I said. I was about to go upstairs until she stopped me

"Dianne, stop! I wanna talk to you"

I stopped and sat on the couch. I just hope mom doesn't say anything stupid.

"How do you think Alyanna passed away?" mom asked

"they said she committed suicide" I said

"Why do you think so?" mom asked

"I don't know! It's out of my hands now! I don't even care!" I stood up, about to go upstairs but mom said something that stopped me

"don't you think she committed suicide because of you?" she said to me in a loud tone

"What?" how could my mom say that to her own daughter?!

"don't think I don't know! You've been offending her since she accidentally fractured your leg!" she said

"okay! If she killed herself because of me, what now?! As if she's gonna rise up from the dead or anything just to come and get me!" I said

"Dianne!" she said

"Whatever mom!" I yelled at her

I shut the door of my room because I am very angry at mom for scaring me. On Facebook, I browsed through my old messages with Ericka (another person who stayed on my side againts Yanni). Those messages were like after she broke my leg...

Dianne Vega:

Hey! How did Yanni know I'm mad at her? Who told her that?! Only the group knows about it!

Ericka Peyton:

Why are you asking me? I'm not even that close to her! Why the hell would I tell her!? You know I'm on your side

I closed my laptop, rested on my bed, thought about how horrible it was when she knew all about everything because a year later, she finally took action against me...

(6th Grade, April 2013)

It was Sports Week. I don't really know if I'm still mad at Yanni or not. Well, I feel like I'm not mad at her anymore.

Yanni was behind me while lining up for our basketball shootout. I know it was my chance to talk to her again and to prove to her that I am not mad anymore. But what should I say to her?

I saw this girl crying, so I turned to her and said...

"Check it out! The little girl is crying!" I said to her. The next thing I know, she just smiled at me. I just looked away, without smiling back.

While playing basketball, I tripped. Ms. Harrington, our teacher helped me out. She made me stop playing for a while and told me to rest, so I just sat on the bleachers for the rest of the game. Yanni suddenly approached me

"What happened?" Yanni asked

"Injured" I said.

I seriously think that we are talking like we are friends again, but I don't think it means anything because...I just, don't know...

After school, Ms. Cortez, our Principal called me to her office....

"So, what are all those things you do to Alyanna?" she asked

"What?" I responded. wait! we just talked, didn't we?

"Her mother's been complaining that a huge group of this school is bullying her, being againts her and it is lead by you" she said to me

"After Yanni injured my leg, my older sister was afraid that it might happen again. So, she told me to avoid her for a few months. But with the group, I just told them to, stop offending!" I said. Everything that I said to Ms. Cortez was a lie...my sister doesn't even know Yanni and the Group is really lead by me...

"But you and Yanni were best friends, weren't you?" she asked me. I just nodded

"Don't forget this! Alyanna Thurman, she's been here since she was in 1st Grade, that's why I know her very well. Everyone in this school wanted to be friends with her because she is really off-the-hook to be with. And I could see, those same exact people that wanted to be friends with her are going againts her right now! It's like they are obeying you while Yanni is left alone! So, you tell these people to stop, because you finally did, or else it will be me that will deal with each and every one of you. Understood?" Ms. Cortez added.

I went outside her door, and I was just waiting for my ride in the school yard, when suddenly...Look who decided to show up!...

"Hey Dianne!!! What did Ms. Cortez say to you?" Yanni asked

I knew I was angry with her again! She just blew her chance of being friends with me again!

"BITCH!" I yelled at her and attacked her! I'm guessing this was the school's very first catfight.

(Present)

I almost fell asleep while thinking about those things: the catfight, the time Ms. Cortez talked to me...

I was getting tired so, I turned off the lights and fell asleep.