2

Ch. 2

"He's so perfect!", someone shrills suddenly, making me drop the cork screw I'm holding. Thankfully it was the corkscrew and not the bottle of wine.

I look up from my tray with a bored yet slightly annoyed look at my friend and co-worker Becky.

"Beck..I just have two questions for you. First, could you please do..", I trail off, to take a look at the TV and back at her. I notice her staring breathlessly at a man in a suit and tie on television, "...whatever it is you're doing any quieter?. Second question, is every guy perfect to you?"

"No just this one", she grins.

I roll my eyes, here we go again "And who might that be", I drawl lazily

"Him..Ashton McCoy", she points at the flat screen in the corner.

I look from my 'about to pass out any second now friend' to the TV

"That?", I scrunch up my nose. Becky turns to look at my somewhat disgusted face with her jaw dropped like I'd just thrown out her favorite Milani lipstick.

"What?", I try to defend myself " --you see them once you see them a thousand times. It's all the same", I sigh and return to my organizing. "I mean it's not like anyone has seen him in the last couple of years. We don't even know if he's still alive"

Becky grabs my shoulder, "How can you say that?", she whispers angrily "you better go home and wash your mouth out with soap"

"Yes mother" I laugh, "what do you guys see in him anyway?"

"Have you lost your eyes!", she screams "I mean look at him. He's so perfect"

"Perfect uh huh..right, you haven't even seen the way the man eats or whether he's so above it all that he looks down on everyone else", I shrug, making my point.

"Makes me want to jump in the TV and grab him", Becky muses, completely ignoring the words I'd just said.

"Good, because Mr perfect just walked in". y confused look was replaced with a smirk when Janice another co worker walked in to deliver the news.

"Stop joking", Becky says, gasping fervently for air and taking steps backwards

"Beck chill..you're gonna--". Just before I can finish, there is a series of Clang! and Shatter! sounds as Becky knocks over a bunch of pots and pans. "--crash into something", I finish with a sigh

I roll my eyes, with a wide grin at Janice who winks, "That never gets old does it Ally", She smirks, dumping her tray in the sink. "Funnier each time", I reply with my arms crossed.

"It's not funny", Beck whines, heaving herself off the floor. "I'm serious here. Ally, what if you meet him today?..or even you Janice"

I scoff, "Meet the Ashton McCoy today?"

I glance at Janice who's trying her hardest to contain her laughter. When that doesn't work, she grabs a glass of water and makes a loud snort.

"You guys think it's funny huh?", Becky says almost annoyed, "...then let's make a deal, $3000 if Ally meets Ashton"

"That not even remotely possible", I laugh, grabbing a couple of glasses from the rack. Janice places her empty glass of water in the sink,"come on, do you even know where you work?. This place is a fricking celebrity hang out"