Prologue

We used to be great in numbers, but now we live in the shadows. We dare not show our faces to those who are not from our world, both in fear and protection.

We are the witches, the werewolves, the vampires, goblins, and elves. We are the ghosts, the warlocks, wizards, and all other matter of supernatural being. And we are being hunted.

Ever since the Great Salem Trials of 1692, we have been forced into hiding. We live in our own separate world, but still roam the same streets as the humans. We are invisible to their eyes.

Our first founder, Artemis, placed a blanketed ward over our kind, shielding his people and their magic from the fear stricken gaze of the mortals. 

Those of us who can channel our magic, the witches, wizards, and warlocks, can travel in and out of these wards as they choose, but must always keep their true forms a secret. We cannot handle another massacre. We cannot handle a war between worlds. We must stay hidden, for the sake of our lives and the lives of our fellow creatures. So here we stay, watching from the shadows.

___________

A/N

Hey everyone! Thanks for choosing to read Ascent from the Shadows! This book will be co-written between Stevie Dausey and Megan Happel. We do this by alternating chapters by who the story is following. If you happen to notice the different writing styles between the chapters, this will explain why. We really hope you enjoy this story. Don't forget to vote and comment. We'd love to hear your thoughts! Happy reading!

-Megan Happel

-Stevie Dausey