Two

The elderly man kept his head down as he exited the locomotive. He moved swiftly and silently, wading into the crowd of awaiting families with a certain grace and expertise. He smirked as he slid the book under his jacket, hiding it from the prying eyes of those around him.

He glanced up slightly, immediately recognizing the teenage girl standing just up ahead, seemingly bored out of her mind. She was dressed in dark colors, the ends of her chocolate brown hair sticking out in random directions, tickling the tips of her ears. A pair of sunglasses perched on the bridge of her nose, successfully shielding her eyes from all that look her way. The edges of his lips lifted ever so slightly as the heavy thud of her boots approached him.

Her shoulder bumped his as she passed, and he let out a sigh of relief as he felt the age leaving him. His wrinkled skin smoothed, grey hair transforming into a vibrant black. He could feel his eyes brightening, and his spine straightening. The sun spots on his hands faded into the almost unnatural paleness he was cursed to live with for all eternity. His clothes also shifted back into the dark fabrics he held so dear, a leather jacket replacing the patched coat that had hung from his shoulders only moments ago.

Feeling the transformation complete, he turned his head to watch the unloading passengers, pulling out a pair of sunglasses to shield his own eyes from the death rays shot down by the sun. He stopped and turned completely when he caught sight of the thief.

The boy's eyes stayed trained on her, memorizing every detail. He had a feeling they would be meeting again soon.

Brown hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall. She tucked a strand behind her ear as her eyes frantically scanned the crowd. Grey eyes by the looks of it, and overall soft facial features. She wore a white shirt and an old brown cloak. White. That's what the good  ones wear. He was beginning to scowl as a voice came from beside him.

"Did you get it?" he didn't have to turn his head to know who was speaking to him.

"Is that doubt I hear?" he taunted.

"Ooh, sarcasm," she responded with a smirk, "That who had it?"

The girl's head twitched ever so slightly in the direction of the thief. The boy only responded with a smirk. As his eyes returned to the nameless thief, he noticed another figure come out to greet her. The tall, brown haired boy enveloped her in a hug.

"Must be her Companion," the girl beside him assessed the scene.

"Could just be family," he inputted, not really believing it himself.

The girl shook her head and pointed to several red marks peeking out of the collar of his shirt. She only had to utter one word, "Wolf."

___________

A/N

Hey readers! Megan here! What did you think of my first official chapter? If you liked it, show us by voting and commenting! Also, feel free to put your input/ suggestions in at any point during this story. Enjoy, and get ready for the next chapter! Stevie and I switched it up here so that I'd be doing odds and she'd be doing evens. So next chapter is me again, but don't worry, Stevie will be back for chapter four. Happy reading!

-Megan