Five

I grab a newspaper from the newspaper stand and pay for it, along with my cup of coffee. This is a weekly routine for me, every Sunday I get a newspaper and a coffee and I go to my apartment to read it. I accept that I'm a coffee fanatic and I also accept that I'm probably addicted to it. I accept my change and eagerly sip my steaming coffee as I make my way back to my apartment. I pull my woolly hat further onto my head and ignore my phone buzzing in my pocket. Dick boy has been texting me for 3 weeks now, but surprisingly, I have been texting him back. He actually isn't that bad to talk to. It's very easy to get lonely in this big city. I'm surrounded by thousands of people in the capital of the country, but I am so alone in this tiny apartment. Strangers don't even share smiles in the street anymore, everyone has become emotionless, their eyes glued to their phones and their expensive watches.

I eventually make it back to my apartment after a long day of auditions, I throw my keys on the side and pull my phone out of my back pocket to view the message from dick boy.

*Ughhh I hate work.*

I smile, so do I. I remove my gloves, throwing them on the side as well, before replying to him.

*Who doesn't? What do you do?*

I sip my coffee with curiosity as I wait for a reply. I sit on my bed and open up the newspaper. I flip through it, disapproving of all the tabloid gossip spread across the pages. Why can't people just let others get on with their lives? Who cares if a celebrity is dating someone new or goes through a divorce? I laugh at an article that has a two page spread on two young, attractive boys who are hugging in the picture. One has brown, curly hair but faces away from the camera as he hugs the tall blonde who has a well sculpted face.

B O Y  B A N D B A E S ?

I cringe at the attempt at a catchy title and read a few lines about the two band mates who were apparently in a secret relationship with each other. Obviously, there was no evidence or proof and it was all from 'reliable sources'. I flip the page and continue reading until I find some real news. However, my reading is interrupted by my phone.

*I work at a bar:) What do you do?*

I approve of the non-flashy lifestyle and reply.

*I work at a coffee shop, so glamorous! How old are you if you work at a bar?*

I don't tell him about my aspiring acting career because it's embarrassing. I haven't got a gig in a while and technically, it isn't my job. He responds instantly.

*I'm 20. How old are you? You aren't a forty year old catfish are you?;)*

I smile, at least he isn't a 16 year old.

*I am also 20, we are old:(.*

I finish reading the newspaper and throw my empty coffee cup in the bin, along with the newspaper. I look through my cupboards to find nothing again. Looks like another night of takeaway food, what a glamorous, healthy life I live! I call up the takeaway place and order my food, when I hang up I have two messages from dick boy. That nickname doesn't suit him anymore, I should change it.

*Don't call me old:/// I am young and beautiful!*

*Not that you aren't or anything, I don't even know what you look like so...you could be ugly. Are you ugly?*

I frown and laugh at the awkwardness in his messages.

*What kind of question is that?*

I grab my money from my purse and lay it on the side, ready for when my takeaway arrives. I go over to my mirror and pull my hair up into a bun so that the curls are out of my face, they are so hard to control. All at once, my door knocks and my phone buzzes twice. I raise my eyebrows in shock considering this is the most social interaction that has happened to me in like 4 months.

I laugh and grab my money off the side, opening the door and paying the young and slightly awkward delivery boy. I take my pizza and thank him, leaving him a tip because I know how hard it can be. He thanks me once again before leaving. I throw my pizza on the bed and unlock my phone. I have a text from my agent and dick boy. I open my agents text first.

*Just landed you a well paid gig! We will talk tomorrow!*

I grin with excitement. Finally! What could it be? Is it one of the auditions from the other day or is it something new? I open my pizza and take a satisfied bite as I open dick boy's message.

*I'm going to predict you aren't ugly because if you were ugly, you would be offended by that question;)*

I roll my eyes and bite into my pizza again. I type a reply and lie back on my bed. Life is coming together.