Application [Oikawa Tooru x Reader x Kuroo Tetsurou]

Oikawa was the boy that saved you from the cruel containment called school.

Kuroo was the boy down the street who stood by you since the day you could walk.

The years flew by agonizingly fast and before you knew it, the thought of college and life beyond forced itself on you.

You had the decision. Somewhere in your pained and deep heart and cluttered mind, you somehow knew who you would choose in the end. Yet, whoever you chose was immediately contradicted by the thought of the other person. You knew who you wanted, but the thought of breaking the other's heart made you guiltier than a man who's been charged/accused of multiple crimes.

You had the choice of attending college with Oikawa, the boy who held his hand out to you when you were the new girl back in middle school. The one who disregarded the other females in order to just see if you were smiling. The one who saved you from falling into a deep, dark void.

Or Kuroo, the boy you grew up with. The boy two houses down the street who always made sure were the happiest kid on the street. The boy who always contacted you after school just to ask if everything was okay. The boy that would always made sure you laughed and smiled.

They both cared about you. They both loved you.

---

"[F/N]-chan, the college I'm going to has a very good [Major] department! I know how much you've wanted to major in that. They also said that they're looking for more students for that major," Oikawa informed you.

"Really?! That's cool!"

"So, that's why you should come attend the same university as me! It'll be a benefit to us both. We get to hang out more and you get top notch education!" He tried to persuade you. It sounded too good to be true. And it was. The thought of your leaving Kuroo alone tore at your heart.

"Yoohoo, [F/N]-chan, are you listening?" He waved his large hand in front of your spaced out expression.

"Ah y-yes yes. I just thought of something," you waved off.

"Well, give it some thought [F/N]-chan! Here's the application form!" Oikawa handed you the form then left since he had other matters to take care of.

---

"Yo!" Kuroo called to you from afar then placed his hand on your shoulder to get your attention.

"Tetsu!" You called his name in response. "How's it going? Is everything alright?"

"Now that I'm able to talk to you," he grinned.

"Okay if it's about last week when-"

"No no no no no," he waved off. Kuroo saw your expectant expression and then dug into his bag and pulled out an application form. You flashed him a puzzled look then skimmed through the packet in your hands.

"Tetsurou, this is an application to a college abroad right?" You asked him for confirmation. He nodded and grinned at you.

"I sent in my form and I should be getting a letter in a couple of weeks. They're still accepting applications. Flip to the last page," he said as you complied to his demand. On the last page was information about what you were considering on majoring in.

"Wow, Tetsu, this...this is amazing. It seems great, but I don't know if I'll be able to get in. It's abroad and not to mention-"

"Ah don't worry so much [F/N]," he waved off your statement. "Despite how intimidating it looks, they're very welcome to foreign students, aka us,"

"But I don't even know what to do after high-"

"Give it a try anyways. What's the worse that could happen?"

---

Weeks passed and you were running out of excuses to give them and time to think. You were going to graduate in just a few months and you haven't even picked out a college. Although you haven't really thought of which one of the suggestions you should attend, you looked through the websites and saw information that just added more pressure to you. You really didn't know. You were torn between the two and leaving one for the other would cause the guilt to just eat you alive.

---

"Hey [F/N]-chan!" Oikawa waved to you enthusiastically as he neared you.

"Hey Tooru! What's up?"

"Well, I've been needing to say this, but the college I'm applying for is closing their applications next week and sending out letters the week after," he informed you with a smile. "So, I've been wanting to ask if you were going to apply,"

"A-Apply? Well, um, I don't know honestly. I've been just relaxing so far and trying not to think about it just yet, but I don't know,"

"Aww, come on [F/N]-chan! Don't leave me alone in college!" He whined to you lightheartedly, trying to ease the fact that it was serious. How could he get through the hectic four years without seeing you? Iwaizumi couldn't be there, none of the other third years could, so all he had left was you.

"I don't want to, but I'm still thinking. I'll give you an answer when I choose okay?" You promised him.

"Well you have to hurry it up or else they won't accept your application after the deadline! I really want you with me, so it'd be great if you went to college with me," he smiled at you then left.

---

"Have you sent in your application yet?" Kuroo asked you, holing you'd say yes.

"My application? To what?"

"The college I'm going to obviously," he nudged you slightly.

"About that, I haven't done anything yet. Truth be told, I'm not so sure what to do. I've been thinking about your college and my other friend's college and...I-I don't know,"

"Well, I hope you'll be able to turn your application in. The deadlines next week!" He reminded you. "I really hope you apply. I want you with me in college. No one else will be with me and Kenma's still a second year so we can't go together. If I want someone with me, I want you," he explained in a rather serious tone. It was already hard to know that he can't be with his best friend for another year. It would be even worse if the girl he loved wouldn't be there with him either.

---

So there you were, a couple days later, sitting at your desk with the two applications in front of you, waiting for it to be filled out. The room was quiet save for the countless amount of sighs and groans.

You loved the both of them, and not in the way you'd love a sibling or love a friend. You wanted to be with them. You wanted to tell them you loved them. But it was unfortunate that you'd only have to say that to one.

It was unfortunate that you only had to choose one person and deliver agonizing news of rejection to the other.

You sighed once again and stared at the picture frames that were sitting on your desk. One of which had you and Oikawa in it. The other, Kuroo. You had no explanation to it, but somehow you had made your decision at that moment.

It was him.

It had to be him.

Somewhere deep down, you knew that you cherished one more than the other, even if it was just a sliver more.

You glided your pen across the paper, filling it out. The next day, you mailed it in and hoped for the best.

That night the boys both texted you and both said the exact same thing.

Did you turn it in?

---

Who did you choose?

---

A/N - hey guys! I'm so proud of myself for finally finishing this. I accidentally delete the specific request for this so I had to improvise D: this has been sitting in my request book for months and it would be disappointing if I never wrote it. Even though it's not well written or anything, I still hope you'll appreciate it :)