A blast from the future

"Haah!"said Bonnie, stretching her arms above her head "Today was a pretty normal day. Don't you think?"

The four of them - Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie were walking down the path through a shady forest."Mmhmm" nodded Serena "Team Rocket blasted off pretty early today and I don't think they'll be coming anytime soon." "Pika" Pikachu nodded in agreement.

"But don't you think Team Rocket spices the day up?" Ash asked, "I mean I wouldn't consider a day normal without them". "I agree" said Clemont, lifting his glasses up the bridge of his nose "But you are right Bonnie, today is a pretty normal day."

All of them walked into the forest, in a very comfortable silence, taking in the shade and the sounds of all the different kinds of pokemon. However, this serenity was soon disturbed by a very loud "Hey, a Pikachu!", which came from behind them. It was a small boy, about two or three years old, in a sleeve-less shirt and knee-length shorts.

But the fact that he was a toddler, all alone in the forest and dressed nowhere appropriate for the current location he was in, was surprisingly not the weirdest thing. What was weird was the fact that he looked a scary lot like Ash, well minus the blue eyes. Bonnie tugged on Ash's jacket, "Ash, this kid looks a lot like you" she said. Ash just gulped and nodded.

"Your name is Ash too?" the kid squealed, "My daddy's name is Ash too and even he has a Pikachu". The four of them just gaped at him, trying to take in what he just said. Finally Serena spoke up "So where is your daddy?"

"Daddy's waiting in the car. I came here with mommy cause I had to pee ; we are on a road trip, as a family you see" he exclaimed. "Then shouldn't you be with your mommy?" Serena asked. The boy just shrugged his shoulders and said "No clue". Before they could even react, a voice rang out in the forest "Aiden! Aiden! Aiden, where are you?"

The boy - whose name turned out to be Aiden, perked up and yelled "That's mommy!" The four of them looked around to locate the source of the voice. Just as they were doing so, a pair of arms jerked Aiden off the ground. "Don't run off like that again", said a lady who was around thirty years old, "You gave me a scare"

"Mommy!" he exclaimed, squeezing her into a tight hug. The four of them smiled "So she finally found you" Bonnie said. The lady turned to look at them and her face went pale in shock. "That cave..." she mumbled. "What was that?" Clemont asked. "N-n-nothing" she said, laughing nervously, "B-but thanks for taking care of Aiden; we have to get going".

But Aiden had other plans. "But I wanna play with them" he pouted.

"Daddy's waiting, he might get worried about us" she said.

"We'll just tell daddy we were late because we found another Ash and another Pikachu!" Aiden said. "Don't you think daddy will like to see them too? Let's go call him!"

"Yeah, I would like to meet your daddy" Bonnie said. "If you don't mind that is."

"Well, you see, he's tired" the lady said, fidgeting nervously. "He's probably sleeping"

Aiden's eyebrows knitted into a frown. "He's not sleeping!" he yelled. "He's probably listening to the radio with Pikachu. What makes you think he's sleeping?"

"L-look Aiden" the lady started, but was interrupted by a net which snatched Pikachu right off Ash's shoulder. "Hey!" he yelled and all four of them turned around to see an all-too familiar trio.

"Prepare for trouble"

"And while you're at it, make it double"

"To protect the world from devastation"

"To unite all people within our nation"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love"

"To extend our reach to the stars above"

Their 'famous' motto was cut-short by Aiden yelling out "Jessie , James!" before jumping out of his mother's arms and running up to give James a bear-hug. James, who let out a startled yell, grabbed Jessie to break the fall, but Jessie, who did not see that coming, grabbed onto Meowth. This series of actions led to the loss of balance and thanks to the magic of gravity, all four of them were sent tumbling down to the ground.

"Do I even know you kid?" James grunted after regaining himself. "I'm really really sorry about my son" the lady said, picking Aiden off the ground. "Now Aiden, be a good boy and come with mommy and we can resume our road trip, okay?"

"No" Aiden pouted "I wanna play with James, let me go" saying this he tried to jump out of his mom's arms again. But she wasn't giving in this time, still keeping a firm grip on her son, she tried as sweetly as she could to persuade her son to obey. But this just resulted in a very loud "LET ME GO" which was then followed by a series of kicks, thrashes and tantrums.

That's when she lost it. Big-time.

"AIDEN KETCHUM! CAN YOU PLEASE BEHAVE? CAN'T YOU SEE THEY'RE TRYING TO STEAL PIKACHU? ONLY BAD GUYS STEAL POKEMON. AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT JESSIE AND JAMES ARE DOING. YOU DON'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BAD ANYMORE. WE CAME BACK IN TIME. BACK IN TIME TO WHEN JESSIE AND JAMES WERE BAD. AND NO. WE CANNOT GET DADDY HERE. THAT WILL FREAK HIM OUT. YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THAT IS NOT JUST A KID WHOSE NAME IS ASH AND HAS A PIKACHU. THAT'S DADDY. ONLY HE'S MUCH YOUNGER. SO STOP YOUR WHINING AND COME WITH ME. "

"Geez mommy" Aiden said "You could have just said that" And acting like he did nothing at all, he innocently jumped out of his mom's arms and took a hold of her palm. But for the others, the reaction was not quite the same, in fact anything but the same.

Their mouths were hanging open and Ash looked like he was going to faint. "D-daddy?" he squeaked out. The lady cupped her mouth and without another word, she tucked Aiden under her arms and darted off into the trees.

After that, no-one spoke for a long time. All of them just stood there, dumbfounded and shocked, slowly processing the series of events that just unfolded in front of them. Bonnie was quicker than the others, and a huge grin spread across her face. "If whatever that lady said was true and Aiden's daddy is Ash, then get this-" Bonnie said, smirking "She had honey-blonde hair, Serena has honey-blonde hair".

I think you can guess what happened next.