Prologue

"Studies of the Stars: Discoveries

August 27th
12:03

I have discovered a new star. Though, many may have seen the Hydri star yet none have recorded it. That is all for now. It is late. Goodbye."

Yuki checked the time. 12:13. Ten minutes on one entry? I must be tired. He yawned, loudly.

After finishing his nightly routine which consist of: brushing hair and teeth, the changing of his clothes and washing his face, he put himself to sleep.

******************

Sometime, after scenes of Disney and candy had danced in his head, Yuki awoke to the bloodcurdling scream of his eight year old sister, Makakie. He jumped, the scream of his sister shaking any sleepiness off him.

He bolted towards her room, only to see flames consuming what use to be his sibling's rooms. Down the hall, more screams rang through the house, and so he ran. His younger siblings in the process of being carried out.

"Yuki, get mum!!" yelled Yakie, his 13-year-old brother. Yuki nodded and, head-first, approached the flames in which had squandered the house.

He made it to his mother's room before the flames, though they weren't far behind. His mother's petite body laid, barely alive, on the wooden floor. He pressed forward, towards her, still ignoring her commands to go.

"Mum, no. I am not leaving you." He says, forcefully, picking her up and beginning to carry her out.

"Yuki, go, save yourself!" He shook his head at her bizzard command and continue to carry her out. He made it to the door, where he met the flames.

"No risks... " He mumbled to himself as he backed away, towards the window. Below him rested a concert slab and a two story fall. He took it. Stepping onto the edge he whispered "I love you" before jumping.

His body hit the ground hard, his mother whispering, "I love you, too." Those were the last words he heard from before it all went black.