Chapter 3

"Tell me something only people close to me know" Howard said crossing his arms looking suspicious at Tony

"How can I? You wasn't there for me. You never told me anything about yourself." Tony snapped at Howard.

"I would never do that to a child, and especially not my own" Howard snapped back.

"I'm not having this conversation again" Tony said walking over to a random chair in the room and sat down. This brought back all the bad memories.

A tear felt from one of Tony's eyes. He wiped it away and sighed.

"Can we just forget this?" Tony asked.

Howard didn't answer

"I... Take that as a yes" Tony said awkwardly.

The became silent. The three persons starred at each other.

"I need your help" Tony said breaking the silence.

"To what?" Howard asked

"To build a time machine" Tony said and laughed at himself "that sounded ridiculous, I just need to build a machine" Tony said

"Let's do it!" Howard said and clapped his hands.

"Peggy are you in?" Howard said.

"I guess I am, someone gotta look after Stark" Peggy said making both Stark's look at her with one raised eyebrows.

"Tony? That's your name right?" Howard said.

Tony nodded

"Well... actually it's Anthony, but yeah Tony" Tony said

"Yeah... I'm gonna get you a car and let's meet tomorrow night at my office" Howard said.

Well that was awkward Tony thought to himself on the way to the hotel.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next day Tony showed up at Howard's company building with rolls of paper under his arms.

He went into Howard's office only to discover an empty room

"I'm not even born yet and he's already doing it" Tony said to himself and threw the papers onto the desk.

"Tony!" Howard said excited behind Tony.

Tony turned around and gave a small smile

"I worked on some ideas" Tony said

"Great" Howard said and sat down at his desk. He took one roll of paper and looked at it

"This looks good" Howard said massaging his mustache

"I'm not sure what this is about but it looks realistic" Howard said.

Howard kept starting at it for at least 5 minutes ... It felt like 5 minutes for Tony.

"It's a simple plan!" Tony said annoyed after running put of patience.

Howard starred at him

"Are you done?" Tony asked tired.

Howard nodded.

"And you know how to built this? Because I'm not sure if I know this kind of technology" Howard asked

Tony nodded.

"Mr. Stark?" A soft voice said from the doorway.

Both Howard and Tony turned around asking "what?"

A slim brunette stood in the doorway.

Both Starks checked her out before she walked inside the office. Honestly none of the two Starks listened to her before she left again.

"You know in my time the women wear much shorter skirts" Tony said to Howard with a wink

"Lucky times" Howard said with a kinky laugh.

Father and son started laughing.

Two hours after discussing when, what and where to do the time machine.

"Wanna go out for a beer, Tony?" Howard asked taking on his jacket

"Sorry got no money" Tony answered

"They're on me" Howard said walking over and wrapping an arm over Tony's shoulders before walking over to the exit with Tony under his arm.

A/N: Short chapter, sorry.
Next up will be Howard's thoughts and we get to know Peggy's character in this story a little more.