Prologue

Hello everyone! So basically this is the first story that i publish here on wattpad. It's a very short story, something to begin with here. So like you can see, the title is "in Lebanon". Lebanon is a very little country in the middle east  and this is where i live. Since it is almost unknown by everyone on this planet, i decided that posting it won't harm even if no one is gonna read it. so i hope that everyone will like it!  

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PROLOGUE

My name is Serena, Serena Steel. I live in America, in New York, where I was born, with my parents and my brother Justin. How does life look like when you are 15 years old? It is just great, except when your parents tell you what to do and organize your time! This is always happening!!!

I will stop complaining and enter to the subject: it is the summer vacation; I have planned to travel with my friends to Los Angeles for a week, to have fun AND to take some distance from my parents: I deserve this after a long year of school, no? But as usual, something came up and disturbed all my plans!

It was in the morning, a week before my travel. I was sitting in the kitchen drinking my coffee quietly while my brother was eating his cereals when mum and dad came, a smile on their faces, which was unusual and looked weird for me. They sat at the table, looked at us and mum said: - “Hey, guys! It’s a beautiful day isn’t it?”

Justin and I looked at each other; mum was acting very weird.

        - “Yeah, it’s fine” we answered.

        -“Good… your father and I have great news for you! Guess what!”

It’s better to be good, I thought.

        -“What?”

        - “Well, your father and I thought that it has been a long time since we did something together. We were very occupied with our work and Serena with her exams so… we decided to take you on a trip, next week: destination Lebanon.

The second I heard what my mother said,I crashed the mouthful of coffee that I was drinking and said:

-“What????? Next week? But I’m traveling to Los Angeles! And you already know that!!!”

-“ Yes we know but we could only find a flight to Lebanon where there is 4 empty seats on the plane of Monday morning. Serena we are very sorry…”

I didn’t let mom finish her sentence. I was very angry and shaky. I have been planning for this vacation since… since forever. And in a minute, she changes everything!!!

-“No! I am the one who is sorry. YOU are going to this trip alone. I’m NOT accompanying you.”

-“You can’t not go with us! We have already booked! Plus; it’s a FAMILY trip!”

- “My trip has been planned before this one AND I don’t want to travel with you. Can’t you understand that I need this vacation WITHOUT you????”

-“Serena, darling, I assure you that you won’t be disappointed if you come with us. We will be very happy! You remember the trip to Miami, no? We had fun!”

-“Yeah that was before an octopus stung on my face when I was swimming!!!”

-“That was an accident!” Dad interrupted. “And I’m sure that it isn’t going to happen again! So stop complaining. You are going with us and that’s all there is to it. We are not discussing this with you anymore.”

I looked at him then at mum. She didn’t look angry like dad but she was a little bit upset. She was sitting in front of me, her hands around her cup of hot chocolate, and her eyes begging me like never before.

I felt like I was incapable and like I have lost like usual: I was going with them on this STUPID trip, but I wasn’t going to give up so fast, so I said:

-“And what should I do with my trip? I have already booked for the flight, the hotel, the Tourism Company and, the most important, what should I say to my friends????”

Mom stared at dad; a faint of victory in their eyes, then looked at me and said:

-“We were thinking about that yesterday and we decided that your trip won’t be cancelled but a little bit delayed. You are going to Los Angeles after two weeks of our “family vacation”.”

-“Oh! And didn’t you think that I won’t like to go on this trip “alone”?”

- “We are coming to this darling”, answered dad, “but since you’ve mentioned it, we decided, your mother and I with your best friend Kelly’s parents that you will be going together to this trip since she can’t go ether because her grandmother is coming. Are you satisfied now?”

- “Yeah, sure. Even if I wanted to go to this trip with all my friends, I’m grateful to you because you didn’t cancel it and that you thought about a solution which will be approved by the two sides. Still, I don’t really appreciate what you made me decide.”

- “We know, darling, and we are really sorry but I’m sure that you will forgive us when you see Lebanon.”

-“We will see but I doubt,” I said half convinced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that everyone enjoyed it! 3 reads and 2 votes for  next part! 

love u all xxxxxxx

~ata~