Chapter 02

Skylar's POV

July 10, 2015

My best friend and I walked down A1A in our matching black string bikinis and white muscle tanks.

The only difference was that Chloe rocked hers and waved to the ogling fifteen year old boys as I walked silently beside her.

"Come on, Sky." Chloe said, smiling wide. "Loosen up a bit!"

Chloe had been my best friend since third grade when she moved from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. She was outgoing, flirty, and confident while I wasn't big on introducing myself and I was far from confident when it came to showing off my body.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Let's just get some food or something."

"You're always hungry." She sighed, following me into one of our favorite spots.

It was called The Elbow Room and it was one of the most popular chain of bars in the whole United States of America.

To be honest, after four or five o'clock on any given night, The Elbow Room had everything but elbow room.

I wasn't big on breaking the rules, but I didn't mind using my fake ID to get a margarita on a hot summer day.

"We should get a basket of fries too." Chloe said, motioning to one of the waiters.

I took a sip of my drink and nodded. "Fries are always a good idea." I said, checking my phone to make sure my little brother was doing ok.

Our parents were never around, so it was my job to keep in touch with my sixteen year old brother, Isaac. If he wasn't at his friend's house or at the beach, he was probably getting in trouble at some grocery store for recklessly driving a grocery cart.

"That little brother of yours is getting to be pretty cute." Chloe said, winking.

"That's disgusting." I said, making a face. "And it's illegal." I added.

"I'm not thinking about making a move on baby Isaac." She said, making a face right back. "But, pretty soon you're going to be kicking girls out of his bedroom."

"Don't say things like that." I said, taking a few of a hot fries before stuffing them into my mouth. "I need plenty of time before I'm even close to ready to have the whole 'girl' conversation with him."

Chloe laughed and took a bunch of fries for herself before going all wide eyed at something, or someone, across the bar.

"What." I said, checking my phone once more before putting face down on the counter.

"Don't look now, but there is a seriously hot sitting a few stools down." She said, fanning herself for extra exaggeration.

"How hot?" I asked, knowing my friend went for every kind of guy out there.

She called it "being open". I called it "being whorish".

"He's like dangerously sexy." She said, earning another eye roll from your's truly. "I'm serious, Skylar. He literally looks dangerous in a very hot and sexy way."

I turned my head and almost choked on my own saliva.

He had dark hair, dark tattoos, and a dark style. He had a hard appearance that made him look like one of those guys you see on a TV show or something.

His brown hair was cut short on the sides and styled on the top. His outfit consisted of a pair of black bathing suit shorts and a gray muscle tank that showed off his deified arm muscles.

He looked like a major bad boy, but from his style, he seemed to be someone who kept up with their appearance.

In conclusion, he was probably one of the strangest, yet hottest man I had ever seen.

"He's definitely not my type." I said, laughing lightly. "He looks like he should have a really hot model by his side."

Chloe nodded, grinning as if she was thinking of one of her crazy ideas.

"What is going on inside that crazy head of yours?" I asked, eyeing her closely.

"You need to talk to him." She said, grinning.

"No way!" I whisper shouted.

Then, I stood up, grabbed my phone, and briskly walked out of the bar before she could force me into doing anything I didn't want to do.

---

Warning: This isn't going to be your usual blonde cheerleader falling for the football captain (no offence to the blondes, cheerleaders, and football captains out there). It's going to have its own little cliché moments, but also going to be unique. Enjoy!