Sins Of The Father

Prologue

Lilac

And I remember all those crazy things you said

You left them running through my head

You're always there, you're everywhere

But right now I wish you were here.

All those crazy things we did

Didn't think about it, just went with it

You're always there, you're everywhere

But right now I wish you were here

WISH YOU WERE HERE ~ Avril Lavigne

The soft white flakes drifted down from the black clouds overhead, creating a white world, blanketing everything in its serene yet heartless beauty. Making the world seem so black and white, like all the color had drained from life.

Her blue eyes watched as the snow caught onto the frozen trees, watched as it dotted the black dirt like balls of cotton. She watched as people took handfuls of the lose soil, then they'd whisper their good-byes, before the damp dirt was crumpled into the hole, But her eyes refused to look anywhere near the hole and what lay six feet down.

Please, just let me wake up now, please wake me up! Was the silent prayer she begged over and over again as she stared at the black sky, begging God to somehow make this a bad dream. I can't do this without him, please just bring him back.

Memories of him raced at her, as if that was her answer from him...he was gone, all she had left were the memories.

His hands cupped her face, making her stare into his eyes. “Listen to me, you will always be mine...I will never love anyone else.” He kissed her softly and smiled running his thumbs gently over her cheek bones. “You'll always be my Lilac.”

She blinked away the fresh flood of tears that threatened to choke her, as the memory faded away from her she wished she could just grab hold of it and stay inside it forever. Live in the best day of her life forever...instead of this all new hell she was forced to live in.

Her chest ached with every beat her heart made, with every breath she took it felt harder than before, tears came every time she blinked. And that was when she felt good, but in times like now, when she wanted him back, it all nearly killed her. Made her feel as if a vice had been put on her lunges and a werewolf was trying to claw her heart right out of her chest.

The pain of today had been enough to make her puke several times already. And she could feel acid burning in the back of her throat, as her stomach twisted, knotted and just seemed to suck in on itself.

She took in a shallow jagged breath, trying to push away the nausea that twisted her insides. The sweat was already pushing at her skin, making her feel even more like vomiting, and she was about to do so when she felt the hand on her shoulder.

“Be strong for her.” She glanced at him, her eyes quickly locking onto her little sister, not more than a few feet away from her. Tears shining her eyes, hands clenched into fists and anger burning in her eyes.

Lucy watched as the tears slipped down Kesha's face, the girl who never let anyone see her cry.

“You know you don't always have to hide your tears.” He said as the younger girl refused to let the tears of what had just happen leak.

“They are weakness, weakness gets you killed.” She muttered, an angry note to her voice, not towards him but towards the source of her pain.

“Not as long as its justified, sometimes its a release. It keeps your brain from melting.” At his words her mouth corked up a little and her anger faded a little, and her little smirk graced her lips.

“You must be a crybaby if you defend it this much.” He laughed and shook his head slightly, amused that that was what she got out of his little talk.

“Okay you caught me, what can I say I am very in touch with my feminine side.”

The memory faded quickly as the gentle squeeze came on her shoulder, snapping her back to reality. She shook her head slightly and moved to stand near her sister, making sure not to lay a hand on the girl.

Feeling her sister's presence behind her, Kesha turned and wrapped her arms around her tightly. She forced the sob in her chest to come out a breath when she heard the sob escape Kesha's lips. She wrapped her arm around her shoulder and held her closer.

She forced the tears to stay behind their barriers, using her sister for a reason to be strong. Without Kesha she had no reason to fight or be brave. But for her she would fight every day of her life.

Just help me get her out, help me protect her, kill me if you have to but just let her out. She prayed as she stared at the wounds that showed on Kesha's wrists, and the bruises on her cheeks.

“No matter what happens in your life...promise me you'll get her out...that you'll get yourself out.” He mumbled in her ear, holding her close to him.

“I promised that a long time ago.”

“We'll get out, I never break a promise.” She mumbled into Kesha's hair, holding her a little tighter. Praying that her words were not pointless.