Chapter 28

Its the end of the day and my nerves are getting to me. I sigh and walk to the parking lot to see Art.

"Opal." I turn around and see Jude. "Hey."

"Hi. Is something wrong?" He shrugs.

"I just had a bad feeling about something." My heart stops.

"What was it about?" Jude laughs.

"That's exactly it. I don't know. I guess I just got a bit paranoid about something and got worried about you." I bite my lip. "Are you okay?" I swallow hard.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just going to talk to Art." Jude nods.

"So, you're talking to him again." I nod. "Opal wait up a second." I stop and look up at Jude. "You're a good person. Just-" he swallows hard, "don't let what happened between us and Sam happen again. You're too good for that. Which is why I don't understand why you're even at the school in the first place." I smile.

"Jude, I'll be fine. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. Maybe you should learn to forgive yourself." I hug Jude and pull away with a happy sigh. "Well I'm gonna head off now. I'll see you guys later." Jude nods and walks in the other direction as soon as we get outside. I head to the parking lot and see Oliver in the distance. "Oliver!" He looks over at me with a smile.

"Hey Opal. How are you?" I shrug. "I get ya. I'm the same right now. But you're going over to talk to Art right? I'll walk you over there." I grab his arm.

"Maybe it's not the best thing." Oliver laughs.

"Trust me, it's not going to effect much." He pulls me through the cars and we meet up at Art's bike. "He must be talking to Mr. B or something. Hope you don't mind my company for a bit." I shake my head.

"No I don't mind. I'm just curious as to how you know Art." Oliver smiles.

"You'll find out soon enough." Oliver and o continue to make small talk until he sees Art in the distance. "Your boy is coming." I swallow hard and turn around to see Art with his hands in his pocket, walking towards us.

"Hey." He smiles down at me as he reaches us. I can't help but smile back.

"Hey." Oliver clears his throat and Art sighs.

"Opal, I'm assuming you've met this asshat."

"Rude." I can't help but laugh at Oliver's response.

"Yeah I have. I don't know everything though. How do you know him?" Art looks over at Oliver.

"Oli is my brother." I raise an eyebrow and look between them.

"Biological?" I ask. Art and Oliver both nod. "I don't see it..." Oliver laughs.

"We have the same mom. Different dads." I nod.

"Does anyone else know this?" Art shakes his head.

"Now the secret part." Art sighs. "Oli was the child of his mom and dad but I was the kid of my mom and her rapist." My heart stops.

"What?" I look over at Oli and he nods.

"Art is my brother, our sister and our mom loves him. It was hard on him to accept any of it though." I look over at Art and grab his hand.

"That's why I don't like telling people about my family. It's not because they hate me or gave me away or whatever story people say or lies I told. I couldn't stand the thought of being the abomination-"

"Art stop it." I say cutting him off. "Did you not hear Oliver? He loves you and so does your mom and sister." I hold his hand tighter. "You're not an abomination."