Story Of Us

A/N: I know. I know. I haven't written anything in FOREVER. I have school and work and boyfriend and family. And to be honest, I didn't finish reading when Maddie had left me. So I had read it when I got the chance to. And when I read it, I either lost one of her little books, or she just didn't write for about a month and a half. After Bryce cuts in, I don't have anything. So what I am writing is about a couple of weeks after the dance. 

~~

"You're transferring out of Carnegie Mellon because of Bryce?!" Blair shouted at me. "BECAUSE OF A GUY?! BULL- SHIT!"

"Blair! I have to spend every second I get with him! HE'S IN THE MARINES. HE CAN DIE TOMORROW!" I yelled back at her. 

"WELL I CAN DIE TODAY!"

"How?!"

"A CAR CAN HIT ME!"

"THEN BE MORE CAREFUL!"

"UGH! Maddie! I came to Carnegie Mellon because of you! You BEGGED me to come with you! I GOT ACCEPTED TO FUCKING GEORGETOWN."

"What?" I was confused. Senior year. Oh gosh. Probably the best and worst year ever. Blair's dream college was Georgetown University. It was perfect for her. And we decided to go to the same college and be best friends forever. She never even thought about applying to Carnegie Mellon until I begged her to. 

"I got accepted in to Georgetown. And I declined Maddie because of you!"

"You told me you got rejected!" 

"I know I did!"

"What happened?!" Why didn't she go to Georgetown.

"Remember Midnight Scavenger?" She asked me. That was a party almost all the seniors attended. It was a scavenger hunt. And every time you found an item, you drank to it cheering that you found an item. 

"Yeah," I nodded my head. 

"Well, that night, you got so drunk. And I was pretty lucid. You told me this entire story of why I had to go to Carnegie Mellon with you. You told me that I was your best friend in the entire world. And when you get married, I was going to be your bridesmaid. And if I didn't go with you, you were afraid that you would find a new best friend and forget about me. At the moment, I felt the same about loosing you. But as it got closer to making my decision, I realized that Georgetown was my place to be. But I declined because you were more important to me. Because even if I don't get a job in the future and you do, I know that you are going to take care of me. So I was set for life as long as you were my best friend," She told me as my eyes filled with water. "So I didn't go to Georgetown because of you Maddie. And now you're going to transfer," She shook her head disapproving. "Because of a guy," Sigh.

"I'm sorry Blair. I didn't know. I wish you would have told me," I wiped the tears away. 

"And what good would that have done?" She had a point. 

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"Whatever, I'm out. Have fun making babies with Bryce," And Blair left, just like that. 

I didn't talk to her until Christmas Break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce and I sat in front of the fireplace at his house. His parents were out for dinner like any other Friday night. There was a family photo above the fireplace. His dad was sitting down on a chair next to Bryce while his mom was behind them. She was standing up with on arm on Bryce's shoulder, and another arm on her husband’s shoulder. Everyone was smiling. 

"Are you going to go to Blair's party?" Bryce asked me holding the invitation up. 

"I don't know. She was pretty pissed off when I left. I didn't even say good bye to her," Bryce had his arms around me. "How did you get an invite?"