Chapter 6: Big Fat Liar

"You're gonna what?!" I asked dumbfounded.

"Come on Shawn don't pussy out, unless of course you'd rather not kiss me?"

"No! I mean yeah? I mean I don't know but-"

And then Alyson planted her lips on mine.

They felt so soft and warm and I wanted to sleep on them.

Okay that doesn't make sense but the point is that they're very soft.

She pulled away and left me smiling like an idiot.

"Okay now we're gonna move them together in sync."

I nodded.

This time I was the one to kiss first, I pulled her in from her chin and leaded the way. Our lips moved together in sync just like she wanted and to be honest, this was the best moment of my life. I smiled a bit as we were kissing and then I felt her do the same. I pulled away first and we both chuckled.

"Not bad Mendes, not bad."

"No, don't give that bullshit, I know you loved that."

She laughed, "don't get ahead of yourself Shawn it was a good kiss what else do you want me to say?"

I shrugged.

"Alright let get going I have a bunny to pet."

"So what you're telling me is that you've never petted a bunny?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because the hospital doesn't allow bunnies. . . ."

She cringed after she said that, like she made a mistake.

The hospital bracelet was all I could think of.

"And why does that matter if you only work there?" I asked, I wanted to hear what lie she'd make up now.

"B-because I wouldn't have time to take care of a bunny." After she said then she got up and started to walk down the trail, of course I followed her.

"But that doesn't make any-"

"Just drop it Shawn." She said irritated.

While in the car it was awkwardly silent.

"You never told me about what happened last night." I whispered.

"There's no time to explain," she said parking next to an animal shelter.

Once we got inside Alyson asked the lady at the front desk if we can see the bunnies, she told us to go to the third door on the west wall.

When we walked into the room bunnies were all over the place, in cages of course.

Alyson randomly chose one and crouched down to open the cage.