Chapter 29: Love

Charlie and I sat in the doctors office, waiting. Today was the day we learned if she was in the clear or needed another month of treatment. She gripped my hand tightly and chewed on her lip in worry and anticipation.I could see the fear in her eyes. She really just wants to be better, to be free from the limitations of her disease and treatments. Although normally she pushes past them anyway, but she's most likly getting tired of me telling her to take it easy all the time. The doctor walked back in and sat down.

"Well the test came back clear. There is no sign of remaining cancer cells in your muscals." Charlie and I cheered before hugging eachother. "Unfortunatly..." Oh no. "We can't do anything about the muscular hypertention and we think the cancer might have made it slightly worse."

"Thats no problem to me! I've lived with it for ten years, i'm just happy to be rid of the damn cancer!" Charlie said with the biggest grin I have ever seen playing across her face.

"Alright, well you are free to go. Be sure to check back in with us in two weeks so we can make sure it doesn't cme back." We thanked the doctor and walked hand in hand down the hall. There was one more thing we had to do today. One thing that had Charlie scared, and me on edge. We kept walking, down into the phsyciatric ward. The visitation room had three families in it, looking happy and laughing together. Maybe visiting Yumi won't be so bad.

I went up to the desk and told the secretary that we wanted to visit Yumi Hoshigaki. She sent out a message and we took a seat at one of the tables to wait. Soon, a nurse brought her out to us. She looked tired, and her hair had lost a lot of it's shine as well as her eyes. But Yumi still looked happy when she saw us.

"Hi guys." She croaked.

"Hey Yumi. How you holding up?" Charlie asked.

"Not so well. The doctors say i'm really unstable, and that it looks like i've been this way for awhile."

"Do they know if they can fix it?" I asked.

Yumi shook her head. "He said that I will most likely be here for a few years and then they will releise me with supervision for another few years. He also said, I shouldn't get back into modeling since it was mostlikel the cause of my break down."

"Thats okay sweetie. We both have things we need to get done. You need to get better, just focus on that okay? I need to get Naruto ready to be Hokage. Hannabi will understand."

Yumi smiled and moved away from the table. "I'm only allowed to talk to you for two minutes. Doctors orders. Good bye." And the nurse lead her away. Charlie looked slightly upset but smiled and got up to leave with me. I took her hand trying to comfort her. when we got close to the apartments I pulled her into the allyway. Charlie looked up at me with surprise.

"Naruto? What's up?"

I put my hands on either side of her face and kissed her long and hard. She reacted well, twisting her arms around my neck. God I love this girl. She's so small, so beautiful, so soft. I want to always be with Charlie. But will happen to her when I become Hokage? Will she move back to Iwa and disappear from my life forever? Or will she choose to stay here, with me? I've been wondering this for a while. But I can't bring myself to ask her, out of fear of her saying she's leaving. I can't bear to lose Charlie. Being Hokage would be my dream come true, but if she wasn't there next to me I would just feel empty.

Charlie leaned her head on my chest and sighed. "Naruto? Do you love me?" She asked.

"Yes."

"How much?"

"I love you more than you could ever imagin Charlotte." She laughed. "Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"How much?"

"I love you... like a fat kid loves..." Choji walked past the entrance to the allyway, eating barbaque chips. "Apperently barbeque." I laughed and leaned down to kiss her again. We walked up to my apartment to start a short lesson on biology, and then pounding some geometry. In three months, if Lady Tsunadei isn't awake, they will choose a new Hokage. And the next Hokage will be me, believe it.