Chapter 27

Edited! 👌

Chapter 27: Thorns

Redstar leaped back up. She was on seven lives, now. And she planned on losing them all the same way-Battle. Redstar leaped back onto Brightstar, but a new body barreled into her. She expected Finchstar. But she saw that the ginger cat was helping Stonepond get cats to the medicine den.

"Stop!" Rosescar yowled. The fighting stopped. Redstar turned to her warrior.

"What do you think you're doing?" Redstar hissed. Rosescar stood her ground.

"Going against what is wrong and siding with what's right." Rosescar glared at the battle weary cats. Mainly her own Clanmates. Redstar returned the cream she-cat's glare.

"So you're a rebel?" Redstar's voiced lowered to a dark hiss.

"No. I'm a good hearted cat-Like many of 'your' warriors. I traveled here because I wanted a Clan I could keep. I lost my family and friends when I left my home. When Featherstar accepted me, I thought I had found a place I could stay. Redstar, you ruined that. I, working with others who feel the same way, will bring back SunClan. The good Clan. I have heard legends, lost to us in far off lands, of four Clans. They were called after the elements. There were evil cats, and the Dark Forest even attacked themselves. But good won. Good. Always. Wins. Redstar, learn that." Rosescar lashed her tail after her speech. Redstar was dumbfounded. Wretchedblaze never told me! He never told me the Dark Forest began an attack and lost! Redstar thought with a growl.

"Rosescar, you'll meet StarClan soon!" Redstar lunged at the cat. She darted to the side. Redstar had brought her medicine cat, Barkfall. She could see him in the distance, a dull look in his eyes. She could see his mouth moving, as if he were muttering something. Rosescar jutted Redstar out of her thoughts with a light slash to her back.

Rosescar was smaller, younger, quicker. But Redstar was stronger and smarter. Redstar leaped up, and hooked hef claws onto Rosescar's cream tabby pelt. Her once beautiful coat was smothered by blood. A circle of cats gathered to watch the fight.

Unknown POV

A cat watched. He could see the cream fighting against the red. He bristled. He knew this was all his fault-The fall of his Clan, the deaths of many. All because of the stupid dare.

"Shadekit, are ya scared?"

"N- No!"

"Then do the dare! Do it! Do it!"

"O- Ok, Owlkit."

He saw a new cat padding up beside him. The cat looked up at him with warm amber eyes.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in StarClan!" The tom hissed. But he was overcome with grief.

"I'm here to help you make things right."