Chapter 1

I lost it all when I got the phone call.

You would think if someone worked as an ER doctor, they would know what was wrong with their bodies. That wasn't the case with Eliot.

I really though my life was over. My world totally turned upside down, nothing could mend what was broken.

"Lana?" My best friend, Elena called out to me. "It's been over a week, I can never feel what you're feeling, but you seriously have to come out with us. It's not healthy to always lock yourself in your own apartment."

Elena had been there for me since we were kids and more so after the accident. I could never repay her for everything she has done for me.

"Elena..." I said

"Don't Elena me, you're going out and that's the end of it. Josh and I worked really hard to get these tickets and going would really take your mind off of things."

I sighed, knowing she was completely right. I've been locked up in my own apartment for a week and I never saw daylight. Maybe going to a hockey game would relieve me of my stress.

"Fine." I said, finely caving in.

"Good. Now get ready, we're leaving soon." Elena dragged me to my room. She basically told me what to wear and left my room for me to change.

"Josh is here." She said knocking on my door.

Once I finished changing, I walked out and was greeted by Josh with a hug.

"We need to get you a new jersey, that thing is so old." He laughed.

I looked at him. It was a Leafs jersey I had since I was a teenager. I'm surprised it still fits me.

"There's going to be a lot of traffic if we don't leave soon." Josh said.

"Let me get my phone and keys." I said going back into my room.

Once Josh found a parking spot, I could not wait to get out of the car. We've been driving around for so long looking for a spot. I knew we should have just took the subway.

We walked to get in line for security. The game didn't start for another hour but there were still a lot of people already there.

"Okay, once we get through this line we're going to the store and getting you a new jersey." Josh said.

Ever since Eliot left, Josh and Elena have been there for me. They knew what would cheer me up, since locking myself in my room for the past week.

I was also able to see my best friend. It was weird how Morgan and I both moved from Vancouver to Toronto. Josh and Elena visited me as much as they could and once they found out about Eliot they flew here as fast as they could.

I moved here to be with Eliot years ago. We met here when I was vacationing in Toronto. It was the best years of my life. There is so much inside of me that wanted to move back so I could forget everything here but my life was here so I didn't know what to do.

Morgan moved here a few years ago when he started to play with the Leafs. I wouldn't say we are best friends now, but we still talked once in a while. After I first moved to Toronto, things were never the same.

Josh, Elena and I finally got through security and we made our way to the store. We walked over to the wall filled with jerseys of all the players.

"Wow." I said once I laid eyes on them.

"Could I help you with anything?" A worker asked, walking up to me.

"Uh yeah, could I get a Rielly jersey in a small?"