happy together - phan - from tumblr

this is from tumblr and p.s i am so lazy i didn't bother to read it. 

By: SassyShoulderAngel319/MrsWinxerSoldier

"Dan? Will you come look at this?" Phil called from the office of their apartment. Dan glanced at me.

"Pause?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Sure." He hit the button to pause our very intense session of Super Smash Bros, stood from where he was sat on the other end of the sofa from me (because if we sat next to each other, we would probably punch each other when we got competitive) totally getting creamed by me (not), and left the lounge. I leaned back, relaxing my tense position so that the muscles in my back would stop aching from my concentrated forward lean, and fiddled with my controller. I twiddled the analog sticks and spun the plastic thing between my hands. If I listened carefully I could hear Dan's footsteps going up the stairs into the office. When they stopped, there was a long pause. I could hear Phil's voice saying something quietly that I couldn't quite make out and Dan's "Mmhmm"s, but then there was more silence.

"What?!" Dan demanded indignantly, so loud I heard him as though he was right next to me. Then he was shouting my name. "Get up here!"

Confused and curious, I set my controller down on the sofa cushion and trotted out of the room, up the stairs, and into the office. "What's up?" I inquired. Phil was sitting at the giant Mac screen looking at the two-month-old three-way collab between me, him, and Dan—who was standing behind him but leaning past to read what was on the screen. Dan turned to look at me.

"Have you seen this?" he asked indignantly.

"Seen what?" I moved over to get what they were looking at in my view.

They were looking at the comment section.

"This," Dan pressed, pointing at a very specific comment.

Who's the girl with them? She's kinda ugly? There was a reply to that one saying, That's Dan's girlfriend. Where have you been? They've been together for like half the year. And the original person replied back, He could do so much better than THAT! She's not that pretty and doesn't seem too smart.

I shrugged. "Not that one specifically. But I've been getting stuff like that for months," I answered nonchalantly.

Dan's mouth dropped open and he turned to look at me. "What?! Really?"

"Yeah. Ever since you announced that we're together."

"And you didn't tell me?"

I spread my hands. "It wasn't a big deal."

"This is a huge deal! This is unacceptable!" Dan snapped. It was the angriest I had ever seen him. "What happened to NicerInternet?!" He stormed out of the office, down the stairs, and into his room. He came back with his laptop and sat on the sofa-bed. I sat next to him—at his pointed prompting—and watched him go through all of my public social media feeds. "These are horrible!" he exclaimed as he scrolled through my Twitter replies and whatever. "Right I am tweeting these little sh—"

"Dan!" I interrupted, shutting his laptop with a loud clack. "It's okay."

"It is bloody well not okay!"

I shrugged again. "I kind of expected it. They're just protective of you."

Dan sighed heavily. "No," he retorted. "They ship me with Phil and don't think that you can make me happy."

"Then isn't the best way to prove them wrong just to be happy together? Genuinely? Like, not pretend to be out of spite or anything but actually just be happy together?" I asked, leaning against his shoulder. He looked down at me contemplatively.

"I want you to tell me if you get any more of that," he told me, pointing at his closed laptop.

"Sometimes I wondered if they were right," I admitted. Phil was pointedly not looking at us. Dan looked at me and opened his mouth to protest but I put my hand up for silence. "But it was mostly their comments on my own insecurities. 'What if I'm not good enough for him? What if I make a mistake? What if I accidentally push him away and it's my fault if we break up? What if I'm notsmart enough for him?' That kind of thing. But then I come back over here and you're nothing less than loving and happy and I forget about what they said." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and rested my head on his upper arm. "I'm not too worried about it."

"I am!" he protested. "But I still want you to tell me if you get more hate. And if you do I am going to tweet at everyone telling them to—" He cut himself off and looked down at me. One of my eyebrows was raised higher than the other. The only point of contention in our relationship was my constantly telling him off for swearing—and even then I tried to be funny and affectionate. "—buzz off," he amended. I grinned and nodded. "Promise you'll tell me?"

"If it gets really bad, then yes. I can take a few hater comments—that's part of putting your life on the internet. But if my whole comments sections are drowning in haters, I'll tell you," I promised.

Dan nodded in satisfaction and kissed my forehead. I knew this wasn't the last I'd heard from him about the subject—because he was still heavily advocating for "NicerInternet" and I totally didn't blame him because he had a point—but for now I was free of it. I mean, I didn't like haters, of course, but I didn't see it as too big of a deal. I'd expected it the second Dan and I made the video announcing we were together.

"I am happy with you," he commented. "Very much so."

I smiled and squeezed him tighter. "I'm happy with you too."

Phil grinned at both of us as he spun around in the desk chair with and expression like he was looking at uncoordinated puppies flopping all over. "Okay, you two. Go back to whatever fun thing you were doing. I'll see you in fourteen hours."

"I think your brother is kicking us out," I commented to Dan. He chuckled and stood up.

"Then I guess it would be a good idea to leave." He winked and extended his hand. I took it but got off the sofa-bed without any help from him—we both liked to joke that he didn't have the strength to help me up because he was "horrifically unfit". We rushed down the stairs, back into the lounge, and resumed our game of Super Smash Bros.

Without a doubt it was one of the best afternoons I'd had.