11. Archery

Yona P.O.V

Since our school requires for us to take extra classes, I decided to take archery. It seems to be really fun. At first Hak was against it saying that I should take girlier classes like knitting and crafting. 

Soon however Hak agreed to take me to the archery instructor. I found out that the instructor is our school's activity leader, Lissu.

The classes take place on a field behind the school. The lesson starts at two o'clock, we go there a bit earlier because I need to talk to the instructor.

When we arrive Hak gives me no time to react and just pushes me into Lissu's office. ''She wants to join.'' is the only thing Hak says and then just leaves.

At first the teacher looks slightly annoyed and bored. ''So, you want to join the class? If so I'll ask you a couple of obligatory questions.'' She says gathering some papers. I nod and sit down on the chair opposite from her.

''What's your name?''

''Yona Kouka.''

''What grade are you in?''

''Senior year.''

''Have you practised archery before?''

''No.'' For some reason she rolls her eyes.

''Why do you want to join?''

''I wanted to take something different and this seems really interesting. I want to build my strength. Hak has told me some really captivating stories about this class and that was the thing that made me really want to join.'' I smile brightly.

''Oh, y-you're actually interested?'' She asks suprised. I look at her confused, ''Why wouldn't I be?'' Suddenly she becomes really happy.

''I'm so glad! All the other girls have just joined because of the boys!'' I see tears forming in her eyes. ''Hak did mention that there are only three boys in here and fourteen girls.'' I say out loud, she just nods.

''I'm so annoyed with the girls that are here, I'm glad to accept you into the team.'' She smiles and hands me a sheet of paper. ''Just sign here.'' She points to a box on the paper.

She shows me where the changing rooms are and I change into my sport clothes. When I go the field I see a flock of girls surrounding one place. Lissu gives me a bow, some arrows and protective gear.

Hak notices me and walks over to me. He shows me how to put on the gear. I notice a lot of girls have seen us and are getting angry.

Lissu shows me the basics, for example how I should position myself and how to hold the bow. ''I'll go show those useless girls what to do. Hak will keep an eye on you.'' She says smiling at me and then looks at Hak.

''I want Hak to show me!'' One of the girls whine. ''NO! You do what I say!'' She says angrily. Everyone shuffles into position mumbling something under their breath.

The first arrow that I shot just wobbles to the ground. ''I don't understand.'' I say pouting. Hak takes my bow, just shoots and hits the bull's eye. ''How did you do that?'' I ask. ''I aimed.'' He answers.

Suddenly I hear Lissu's loud laugh from the field. I start pouting more, ''It's not funny.'' Hak hand me the bow and says, ''Okay, I'll help you.'' He stands behind me and helps me pull back the string. I blush a little. I feel more angry stares coming from the girls.

He helps me aim the bow better. ''Shoot.'' He whispers, I feel his breath on my neck, making me blush even more. I shoot and the arrow hits the target. ''I did it!'' I yell happily.

''But I did all the work. Now do it alone.'' Hak grins giving me an arrow. ''Do you know that you're a total mood killer?'' I say taking the arrow. Hak just keeps grinning.

For the rest of the class I practise alone with Hak or Lissu helping me from time to time. I'm already getting better at this. 

When in the changing room, some of the girls seem angry with me for being so close to Hak.'' I've been in this stupid archery class for three years and Hak hasn't even looked at me.'' a girl with bleached hair says. ''I know right! And now this stupid bitch gets all the attention!'' another girl says.

Suddenly I feel my hair being touched and moved around. I turn around and the girls leave, laughing loudly. I touch my hair and feel something in it. I turn to the mirror, there is a lot of gum in my hair. 

There is no way to get it out. So I just take the scissors from my bag and cut my hair right then and there. I hated my hair anyway and it was annoying.

I throw my hair into the trash and go back to the locker. Suddenly Yun enters and says suprised, ''Oh, I thought everybody left. I came to take the trash out.'' He walks over to the trash bin, it seems like he hasn't noticed my hair yet.

''Yona? Why is your hair in the trash?''. ''Oh, I cut it off.'' I smile. ''What?!'' He turns to me shocked and holding my hair. Then he notices gum in the hair , ''Who did it?''. ''Doesn't matter! I hated my hair anyways.'' I smile once again.

''Atleast let me even out your new hair cut.'' He sighs. I give him my scissors and he gets to work. Soon enough it's done and it looks really beautiful.

''Yun is there anything you can't do?'' I say admiring my new hair. ''Well, I am the handsome genius.'' he says proudly.

When we leave the locker room I see Hak sitting on the floor against the wall sleeping. Yun kicks him telling him to wake up. Me and Yun walk while Hak follows still half asleep.

Suddenly we hear a loud gasp. ''What the fuck?!'' He yells. ''Huh?'' me and Yun say at the same time. ''Your hair? Where did it go?'' He says shocked. ''Oh, magical goblins came and took it away.'' Yun says with a serious face.

Hak looks like he's questioning his life. ''Some girls put gum in my hair and it was pretty bad so I had to cut it off.'' I explain, Hak gets visibly angry. ''I would have prefered the goblins story more.''

_____________________________________________

WEE, Yona's hair is finally short!

We wrote this while dying of sleep deprivation! wow dud #deding

~MysteryGirl003 and SleepyGrandmaIsSleepy