Chapter: 7

Spencer's POV

It's early Friday morning when I go to Toby's house. I ring the doorbell and Toby answers. He smiles and let's me in.

"Avery's still sleeping." He says pointing towards her bedroom.

I smile and kiss Toby, he returns the kiss and then goes to go get changed for work. I settle on the couch looking at my phone. Emily texted about meeting up again. I reply to the message and put my phone in my pocket.

Toby comes back in his uniform, he grabs his keys before coming over to quickly kiss me.

"Tell Avery I'll call her at lunch ok." He says leaving. I nod

Once he left I get up and go make myself a coffee. While making it I hear tiny footsteps and a yawning Avery walks in.

"Hello Avery." I smile

She smiles and walks over and hugs my leg. I rub her head and take a sip of my coffee. Placing the cup down I pick up Avery, she wraps her tiny arms around my neck.

"Can I have cereal please." She asks. I nod and set her down in the chair. I grab the cereal from the cupboard and search for the bowls. When I found everything I make her cereal and place it in front of her.

When she finishes her cereal I put the bowl in the sink. She grabs my hand and pulls me to her bedroom.

"Will you help me." She says pointing to her closet.

I go over and help her, she picks out her outfit and I help her get changed. I put her pyjamas in the laundry basket.

"Avery, do you want you hair done up today." I ask

"YESSS!" She screams.

I go into the washroom and find her Disney themed Hairbrush and some ponytails. I set her on the washroom counter and begin brushing out her hair. Then I begin to put it in pigtails.

When I'm done she giggles and plays with her pigtails.

"Thank you." She says.

Toby's POV

I get home around 11 o'clock and quietly open the door. Spencer is sleeping on the couch with Avery cuddled up next to her. I set my stuff down and grab Avery off the couch and take her to bed. When I finish putting her to bed, I go back downstairs to the livingroom. Spencer is now awake looking at me.

"Hey, how was work?" She whispers

"Good, how was Avery today?" I ask

"Great! I took her with me to the grille to eat lunch with the girls." She smiles.

"That's fine." I say

She smiles then yawns, she must be tired.

"Spencer you can stay here tonight." I say

"Toby I can just go home, I don't have any pj's or clothes." She says

"Just sleep here tonight and then just take Avery with you tomorrow so you can get changed." I smile

She yawns again. I scoop her off the couch and carry into my bedroom.

"Toby I'm fine sleeping on the couch." She whispers

"You desevre better than my couch." I reply putting her on the bed.

I grab a t-shirt and throw it at her. She takes it and goes to the washroom to get changed. I change really quickly and hop in bed.

When she finishes getting changed into my shirt she walks back into the bedroom and lays on the other side of the bed. I roll over and pull her against me. She gasps but soon drifts off to sleep.

I stay awake for a little bit just watching her sleep. She's so peaceful.