Restless Night.

After dinner, the teenagers migrated to the front porch. Vivian sat in between Alex and Libby on the porch swing, while Squints sat on the edge of a lounge chair facing them.

"We should probably go get your stuff before it gets too late." Alex said to Vivian. She looked hesitant but nodded.

"I don't live too far away, but I don't think Nick would be very happy with us being out late." Alex chuckled and shook his head.

"I still can't believe he was so casual about you staying with us. Good thing he did though, I don't know what I would have done if he said no."

Vivian shrugged.

"You would have thought of something I'm sure."

"It is getting late, I should be getting home."

Squints said, glancing at his watch. Libby jumped up and smacked Squints on the arm.

"Come on then Robert! You're my ride home. Let's go!"

Squints rubbed his arm and shot Libby a look - which she didn't notice - and then he stood up.

"Alright well I'll see you tomorrow Alex."

Alex nodded and waved at his two friends as they pulled out of the driveway. He sat in silence with Vivian for a little while before she let out a sigh.

"We should probably go."

He turned to her.

"So do you actually live somewhere?"

She nodded.

"I did, my Grex had a beach house that was secluded. Natalia could sense Nerissa was getting close, and that's why she sent me away."

"Why didn't your whole Grex escape?"

Vivian lowered her eyes and said quietly."A whole Grex is easy to track. Nerissa would have found us easily."

Alex dropped the subject and stood up, helping Vivian to her feet he gave her a small smile.

"Come on, the sooner we get this done the sooner you can get to sleep. You need your rest."

She gave him a small smile and they got into his car. Alex pulled out of the driveway and Vivian gave him directions to the stretch of beach where the house was located.

Vivian seemed to grow more and more nervous the closer they got to the house. Alex considered taking her back and just coming to her things himself, but decided against it.

"It's just up ahead, we'll have to walk a little ways."

Alex pulled over and parked, he slid the keys into his pocket as he walked around the car and opened Vivian's door.

"Are you sure you're okay to walk? I could go get your things while you wait here."

She shook her head.

"I need to be there."

He nodded and helped her out of the car. She needed closure, he understood that. Closure was something he was never able to have with his mom.

"Okay...let me know if you need anything."

She gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Thank you."

They walked for about a minute before they saw the house. Vivian stopped abruptly and stared at the house.

All the windows were shattered, and the door was torn off its hinges. Wood splinters and glass shards littered the area around the house, and the empty windows stared back at them full of darkness.