All I Need Is You

She runs down the stairs of Eli Noble's condo, her chest heaving, her eyes blurring with tears. She was dumb to think that she’d get a fairytale ending like those girls in the novels and the movies that she - no, every girl - watched. She was a fool because she thought that even just for a second, Eli Noble could love someone as pathetic as her. Self loathing attacked her, causing tears to form more rapidly. Just as she made it to his door, she hears crashing from the bathroom and then the familiar footfalls that belonged to the man that she had somehow fallen irreversibly in love with.

“Ollie!” He yells, out of breath and his voice as beautifully husky as as ever. She freezes, her hand stopping in the middle of turning and yanking his doorknob so that she could escape this ridiculous nightmare.

“Please,” She starts, her voice taking on a weak, pleading tone. “don’t call me that.” She can hear him, no, feel, him come closer and her stomach drops and her mouth dries. Eli always had that effect on her. He’d been the cause of her heart fluttering and an absent smile to fall onto her lips. Well, that’s what happens when you fall in love with someone.

“Ollie,” Eli says, his voice dropping to the silky, seductive tone of voice that he knew that she loved. “listen to me. It’s not what you think.”

But she shut her eyes, causing the tears to spill onto her cheeks. Her nose begins to clog up and she starts taking in deeper breaths, trying to compose herself but failing miserably. She turns, ready to give him a chance to explain when a girl with dark hair steps out from his bedroom, smiling at the pair.

“Eli, babe, why haven’t you escorted your sister out yet?”

She shuts her eyes again and backs up just as Eli steps forward, his hand outstretched. She shakes her head and press her lips into a thin line, overly aware of the tears that were beginning to manifest in her eyes - again. “Goodbye, Mr. Noble.” And then she turn to his door and pull it open. Once outside, she lets the sobs shake through her body and wipes her eyes with one hand while pulling out her cell phone with the other and subsequently blocking and deleting his number

6 Months Later

 “Olivia, why do you look like that?” Cassie asks, her eyebrows wrinkled with concern. Ollie shakes her head and keeps her head down. “Olivia, you’ve gone completely pale. Do you need to sit down, sweetie?” But she shakes her head again and shuffle sideways, trying to get herself as far away from the man at the counter as possible.

Of course with her luck, he knew it was her anyways.

“Ollie?” His deep, husky baritone stops the other baristas from working and she winces, trying to stop herself from dragging a hand down her face. She had been ready to see him anywhere - anywhere but here. She was ready to take him head on with a smile on face, ready to convince him that she was completely fine and she was doing well without him. But not here. Not where people yelled at her and sometimes threw coffee at her and she looked like a complete idiot. She couldn’t prove that she didn’t need him anymore in a place like this.

“Olivia, why does he know your name?” Cassie asks, a grin starting to spread onto her lips.

“You know that’s not my name, Cassandra.” She retorts immediately, instantly regretting her decision to speak when the man at the counter takes in a sharp breath.

“Ollie, turn around. I need to see you.” He rumbles, his voice low and steady.

She shakes her head again. She hadn’t, of course, moved out of the town. She had contemplated moving right up until the point that tabloids started printing that Eli Noble himself was going to move across the country. She didn’t think she’d have to move - why would someone as successful as Mr. Noble himself ever even think of coming back?