Chapter Nine

Lorain

    "Honey wake up!" my mom shook me awake.

"Why do I have to get up so early?" I turned around in my bed and covered my head.

"Get up it is your special day today. Your graduation day!" she almost shouted.

Today is a special day for me cause I am finally graduating high school. But today is also my last day living here. I will be leaving my best friend Rachel behind and the father of my baby. Tonight I will be on my way to Florida. I was actually pretty excited but nervous to live with my aunt.

  I sat up on my bed and looked around my empty room. I had a couple of boxes in the corner and some down stairs. I really want this day to go fast because I do not feel like dealing with people. Especially seeing Bryan's face. Ever since we broke up, I kept my distance away from him. He tried contacting me and coming by, but I never payed attention to it. I am ready to move on...without him. I am four and half months pregnant and starting to show. I am due on October 4.

  I walk into the bathroom and start the shower. Fifteen minutes later I walk into the kitchen. My mom looks at me and is holding a pair of car keys.

  "Why do you have those?" I ask.

  "Well I thought you could drive to the school today and your father and I could meet up with you later. Your graduation doesn't start until ten" she shook the keys infront of me.

I grabbed them from her hand and grabbed my white gown. I grabbed an apple from the basket on the counter and walked to the car.

"Bye see you later" my mom shouted.

I opened the car door and started the car. I was excited to finally be done with high school and with all the drama. I made it to the school and saw Rachel's car parked in the parking lot. I walked into the school and looked around for Rachel. It was really packed with seniors in here.

 "Lorian over here!" Rachel shouted. Everyone looking my way. I quickly went over to where she was. Everyone already had their white gowns on and I am the odd one out.

"Hey! I cannot believe today is the last day we are seniors! And it's also your last day" Rachel said with a frown on her face.

"I know, I am going to miss you, but your visiting me" I gave her a hug. She looked at me and then at my stomach. No one knows about me having a baby. Not even Bryan. Rachel wanted me to tell him, but I said no. I couldn't tell him, especially because we aren't together anymore. Rachel shook me and pointed across the hallway. I looked at what she was pointing at, and it was Bryan. He looked happy and was smiling. It looks like he is talking to a girl, but I can't see who it is. I suddenly feel some tears starting to form at the corner of my eyes. I quickly turned around, so he wouldn't see me.

"What's wrong?" Rachel looked at me.

"Nothing, can we just sit down?" We walk into the auditorium and grab two seats. After seeing Bryan, I just feel like I need to get out of here fast. Everytime I see him, my stomach lurches, telling me to leave. I rub my stomach for a little to calm my nerves down. Everyone starts to pile into the auditorium filling up every seat. 

Bryan

    It was graduation day and finally my last day of high school. I was in the hallway before the ceremony and talking to Janelle. I met her at the party one day at the works. So far she has been pretty nice and open to me. But she was nothing like Lorain. I miss her a lot. Its been two weeks since we have broken up. I tried talking to her, but she never gave in. I saw her come in and go over to Rachel. I asked Rachel how Lorain has been, but all she would say is "good." I try to act like I am happy and have moved on. Deep down, I don't want to move on, all I want to do is go to Lorain and keep her in my arms and never let go of her ever again. I looked over at her and saw her looking around. She looks beautiful as always. I can't stand the fact of being away from her. I am going to at least try to talk to her again before I leave. Then I watched her and Rachel just walk into the auditorium.