Part Two

Laying in his tiny bed, Dexter sighed in relief. His rent was payed, and he had a little left over for lunch tomorrow. He wouldn't go hungry after all! Standing, he changed into a fresh pair of denim shorts, and a new shirt of his that said 'Robotics 4 Life'. A geek had his quirks.

"I'm going for a quick skate round the block, Martha!" He slipped out the door as he heard the call of approval. Grabbing his skates, he rolled onto the pavement. He might as well practise a few tricks. Pirouetting, he leapt over a huge pothole. People may dislike his ballet (he used to have lessons till he was orphaned) but he felt he might as well put it to good use.

He screeched to a stop when he saw the eighteen wheeler. Looking round, he skated over and began rolling round it. He whistled appreciatively. Nice curves! He traced the rims of the wheels and ran his hand over the hood.

"Daaaaaymn. No other words, just daaaaaymn. This is a cool truck." A boy with brown and golden hazel eyes walked up to him.

"What are you doing to my truck?" Dexter squeaked and fell on his butt. He stuttered as he was glared down.

"Admiring it's sweet rims. So cool! Is it custom?" His geek was showing! Quick, activate filter! Code pink! Code pink!

"Uh, yeah. I guess. What's your name?" Dexter swallowed. If he knew his name, he would know who he was. Names held power. Once someone had your name, they had you.

"Dexter. Dexter Parry." Damn it filter! You were supposed to be active!

"Sam. Sam Witwicky. You skate?" Dexter nodded and mumbled something under his breath. It sounded suspiciously like 'Damn he is hot'. But that may just be his ego.

Getting up, Dexter skated off quickly, getting far away from Sam. The truck gave off a weird energy. He stepped inside his lodgings, to the smell of fresh lasagna. His absolute favourite. It was also the name of his ivory and silver Swiss Army knife. His only memento of his mum. His dad was actually extremely meek and hated fighting. A pacifist and a war hardened trigger happy soldier. Weird couple, weird baby.

After eating, Dexter went to bed. Sweet, blessed summer break. Sleeping in. Skating. More sleeping. Drawing. Sleeping. Hanging out in his treehouse. Did he mention sleeping? He slipped into sleep.

"Sweet lord, we're losing him! Not on my watch!" Cold hard metal pressed his warm chest. He was yanked out of the darkness into reality.

"He's alive!!!"

"Sir, his parents..."

There's nothing they could've done. But he could have prevented the crash altogether. If only he had not insisted on going to the darn park.

The moment Dexter woke up, he knew it was one in the afternoon. He always woke at one after one of those dreams. He got out 'The Lasagna' and stared at it for awhile.

"This is dumb. I need a walk to clear my head." Dexter pulled on a white shirt and green hoodie. Grabbing his shorts from yesterday, he slipped out the house and walked around the town. Until a GMC TopKick caught his eye. It was huge, intimidating and above all, just different from the one his parents had crashed in. It drew him.

"Beautiful model. Built for the warzone judging by the bulletproof glass." Dexter heard a grunt of approval from behind him. A muscular man with salt and pepper hair stared down at him. He had cobalt eyes that seemed to glow.

"You're observant. Now, step away and don't come near m- it again. Got that?" Dexter nodded and scurried off. He hadn't gone far when he rammed into a Search and Rescue hummer.