Chapter 17

Maria POV

I've been sitting in my room for about 2 1/2 hours now just reading. I had gone through 7 magazines and was now starting on a book called 'The Moon and More' by Sara Dessen. Let me tell you what it's about! Well why don't i just read you the description.

'Emaline is spending her last summer before college in her home beach town of Colby. Everything is familiar - from working for her bossy sister Margo at the family rental company to Emaline's gorgeous (and regularly shirtless) childhood sweetheart, Luke.

But when an out-of-town brash New York filmmaker, and her young assistant Theo, come to stay at one of the beach houses, everything Emaline thought she knew about herself changes. But can her heart let go of a life she's loved for so long?'

(A/N This is the actual description so credit goes to Sara Dessen)

So thats what I am reading right now.

I hope they got Kale.... I am tired of waiting, Caden should come in and come to bed now!

Almost as if he knew exactly what I wanted he walked through the door and plopped down on the bed.

"Ugh I'm exhausted. That vampire stuff is not easy work."

"Well you might want to get to sleep. Having to capture Kale today must have been exhausting. You should probably sleep babe."

"Good point. I'm going to go to sleep then. You coming hun?"

I nodded, got up and out of my chair, and climbed into our bed as he got off of the bed to take his pants and shirt off, meaning he was going to be sleeping in his boxers. Not like I cared, I mean I loved his body so I wasn't going to start complaining about it. He looked absolutely gorgeous.

Once we were both in bed he wrapped his arms around my waist and I felt the sparks running between us from the mate bond. I loved this feeling. It made me feel so comfortable and safe that I fell asleep in less than a minute while snuggling into my mate's warm chest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*the next day*

Caden POV

*ring*

*ring*

*ring*

My office phone was ringing so I got off of my chair to go check the caller ID. Yes I said my office because my dad is basically letting me do all the Alpha work right now since I would be Alpha once I wed Maria. We still haven't set the date or anything but we plan on working on it within the next couple of days.

On the phone calling me, I saw it was the Alpha of the Rocky Valley Pack , Ryan. He also happened to be one of my best friends aside from Blake, the next Beta, and Ryder, my third in command.

I answered and Ryan was the first one to speak out of us.

( R= Ryan C= Caden )

R: "Hey Caden it's Ryan."

C: "Hey Ryan how are you?"

R: "Pretty good but I was wondering if we could meet later for dinner maybe?"

C: "Yeah that would work I have something to show you. So what about coming to my house around 6:00-ish? Maria is very excited to meet your mate!"

R: "Okay I also have to talk to you about something so that would be great!"

C: "Okay bye."

And then we hung up the phone. I went to tell Maria about what was happening.

I walked upstairs to our room since Maria was getting ready when I last saw her.

"Hey Caden!" She said coming up to me and kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby I have some news for you."

"Oh don't tell me you're pregnant?!" She chuckled.

"Uh yeah about that..." We both laughed.

"Anyways what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh yeah. Ryan and his mate Kacey are coming over later today around 6:00. Ryan and I have to do some talking but you and Kacey can do whatever you want!"

"Okay sounds like a plan. I can't wait to meet Kacey!"

_____________________________________________________________________________

*a few hours later*

*knock*

*knock*

I grabbed Maria's hand and we both went to the door. We opened the door and saw Ryan and Kacey standing there.

"Come in."

Maria squealed, let go of my hand, grabbed Kacey's hand, and took off running, practically dragging her upstairs to our room.

I let Ryan in and we went to my office. I told him he could sit and we both sat down.

"Where should we start?"

_____________________________________________________________________________

Maria POV

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow!" Kacey said, then I realized I was digging my nails into her hand.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed. We finally reached Caden and mine's bedroom and we entered with me still dragging Kacey along.

I pushed her down on the black fluffy chair I had and went to go get something. I came back with some red wine and wine glasses.

"OH MY GOD!!!!! I am so happy we met! I can tell we are going to be the best of friends!!!" I squeal.

Kacey but laughed and nodded her head agreeing with me.

"You should come and meet my best friends Trinity, Anna, Abbey, and Josie!" Kacey says.

"That sounds AWESOME!!!" I practically scream.

We sat in my room for about another two and a half hours until our mates come for us. Ryan comes and wraps his arms around Kacey's waist and Caden does the same to me while nuzzling my neck.

Ryan says something to Kacey and they get up to leave.

"Thank you for inviting us here Caden but we should probably get going now. I hope to talk to you soon." Ryan said to Caden.

Caden just nods. Kacey escaped Ryan's grip and Caden had already let go of me by then. She came over to me and gave me a big goodbye hug. Then they leave.

"Did you girls have fun?"

"Sure did! Did you and Ryan finish talking?"

"Yes we did."

"Good!" I kissed him.

He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. The kiss turned heated quickly and lets just go with we ended up on the bed and our room was a mess.

Looks like I'm going to be cleaning this tomorrow.