Chapter 20

chapter 20| Aurora
It's been a couple weeks, the bakery has been going well and Zander's job at the apple store has been more than well. I get a call from my dad. I wasn't able to pick it up in time so I quickly grab my phone and call him.

"Dad?" I ask "Aurora. Glad you called back. I just called to tell you that you have no need to worry about Jackson anymore. I got a call, Jackson is safely locked up in prison. The investigators have recommended putting a restraining order on him, and I honestly would like to do it. It's Jackson who we're talking about. He's capable of anything" Dad says

"That's amazing news. Could you maybe fond out how a restraining order works and help me out?" I ask

"You bet kiddo. Love you"
"Love you too dad"

I hang up then continue to clean the kitchen. My dad has also returned to his job and he has been doing so much better. Everything Is going really well honestly.

I haven't heard from Zander all day. Last I saw him he was at his house. I'll go visit him later today. Right now I have to buy groceries. I grab my keys and head to the car

I get a text Message from Alex.

Alex:
Hey, I need some help, I'm coming over in an hour
received: 5:23

I quickly text back and head to the grocery store.

I spend about $130 dollars on groceries which Is seriously not something normal for me, but hey, I gotta survive somehow.

I drive back home and see Alex's car in my driveway. I park the car and walk over to his car to see if he's in there. With my luck, he is. I knock on his window and he looks at me. I wave and smile and he smiles back.

I step back and he walks out of the car. We walk back to the house "would you like anything to drink?" I ask him. "No, thank you though" he says

I sit next to him "So, what's up?" I ask. He sighs. "Love" he says. I sigh too, "Love is a complicated thing, you know all the things Zander and I went through, but this isn't about me, who's the cute girl?" I say with a smirk

He blushes a little "Her name is Grace, I've been talking to her for a few months now and I wanna make it official with her. Be able to call her my girlfriend. What should I do?" He asks. I think for a bit. "Well, If I was in her place, I would want something simple. A cute date at the park, maybe a picnic. Or take her out to eat and then somewhere special to you or to her" I say.

He doesn't say anything for a few seconds, then his eyes widen and I can see joy in them. "I have the perfect date. Thank you so much" he says and gives me a hug. I hug him back "go get your girl!" I say. He chuckles and I walk him over to the door.

I open the door and notice a familiar face.

Jackson.

~~~~~~

Alex looks startled and just stares at Jackson "Um, may I help you?" Alex says. I grab Alex's arm and attempt to pull him back. God knows what Jackson's up to. I breath in deeply "What do you want Jackson?" I say in a firm tone. "You know what I want, Princess." He says. I feel my face get hot. I have had it with Jackson ruining my life.

"No. You need to leave." I say, continuing my tone. "Oh, Aurora, look at you. Don't be difficult with me" he says as he walks in my house. "Hey what the hell man. She doesn't want you-" Alex says, but Jackson interrupts him as he pulls out a knife and aims it at Alex's chest.

"Don't you dare!" I yell at Jackson. He turns his knife to me. I start walking back and he continues to follow me. "Come with me, and I will make sure not to hurt your little friends. You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them would you? Zander, you love him so much don't you. It'd be a shame if..." He drifts off

"If what?!" I yell. I stumble across a wall and Jackson puts his knife closer into my flesh. "If.. He, disappeared" he starts to slowly smirk. I start to breath heavily, my heart starts to beat faster and I feel myself shaking in anger.

"Take me, but promise me not to hurt the people I love." I say as I feel myself tear up. "We will see, Princess" he says as he grabs my arm tightly, instantly, I flinch from the touch of his cold skin. Alex gives me a look, not so sure how to describe it.. But he seems, relieved?

Jackson drags me to the door, "Hold it right there" says a deep voice. I look up and it's a police officer. Jackson quickly lets go of my arm and tries to make a run for it in. Another officer grabs him and handcuffs him. Jackson cusses at the police as they put him in the car.

The police looks at me and smiles. "Don't worry, he's one of our priorities. You won't be hearing from that bastard in a very, very long time." He says. I smile "thank you so much, don't let him escape again!" I say and give a small laugh.

"Not on my watch" he says. I thank him once again and I see Zander running towards me. He hugs me tightly and picks me up. "I was walking over here and saw that asshole Jackson walking up to your door. I called the police and I'm just glad they got Jackson"

"Thank you so much Zander" I say as I hug him tightly once again. He kisses my forehead and lets go. I look over the Alex and he gives Zander and I a smile. "Again, thank you for your time Aurora. It means a lot, and I'm glad you're okay. Good bye" Alex says as he waves and leaves.

"Why was he here?" Zander asks "He needed some love advice for his little crush" I say. "Ah, I see. I'm glad I was able to get my little crush" he says as he hugs me and suddenly smacks my butt. "Zander!" I yell in shock. "It was gonna happen sooner or later babe" he said with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and give him a kiss. "Hey Aurora, I gotta talk to you about something" Zander says

"Okay"