Chapter 7

Me and Mikey have been going out or whatever for about a week now, and it's been going much better than I expected.

When I was on the phone with him a few days ago we talked about me possibly visiting him around my birthday since it will be summer down there. I didn't give him a definite yes because even though he is technically my boyfriend, I don't really know how I feel about be in a totally unfamiliar country where I only know one person. But then again by that time we will have been dating for almost 2 months. He honestly makes me so happy.
------------------

Today is my younger brother's 7th birthday, and my whole family is going to Sky Zone to celebrate.

"Dima, is everybody ready? Your dad's waiting in the car, we have to hurry up or we'll be late." my mom yelled up the stairs.

"It's okay mom, that's nothing new for us." I said while laughing slightly.

My mom sighed "Whatever, just hurry up. All of you!" before walking out toward the car.

I don't even know why she bothers yelling any more, she knows how hard it is to get 5 kids out if the house on time.

When we finally got to Sky Zone, late as usual, my grandma and her twin sister were sitting on the bench waiting for us. I don't know why they're always trying to be early for something when they know all of our events start on black people time. Especially since my lovely mother has to be extra and set up all of these decorations that Isaa doesn't even care about.

"Hey mom-mom, hey Nez." I said walking up to give my grandma and aunt hugs.

"Hey DiDi." they both said.

"Why y'all always the first people to get somewhere?"

"No, the real question is what the hell took y'all so long?" my grandma said giving me a very sassy look with her hand on her hip.

I laughed "Well excuse me, but you can blame your daughter for that. You know she always has to be extra when it comes to parties. Even though Isaa said he wanted this to be small with no decorations, she just couldn't control herself."

They were both laughing "Oh yeah, that's true. I'm going to go see if your mom needs help with anything." my aunt said

"Ok" me and my grandma both said.

"So who's this little boy you've been talking to?" my grandma questioned with a knowing smirk on her face.

I was so confused as to where she got this type of information from. "What are you talking about mom-mom? You know me and Chris broke up." I said playing dumb.

"Ain't no damn what am I talking about. Ariyah told me you were talking to some boy."

Oh my gosh I swear I'm going to kill her. She can never keep her mouth shut. "Oh yeah, now I remember." I laughed stupidly.

"Mmhmm whatever, but who is he. You know you can tell me I was 19 once too, anything you tell me I won't tell your mom." yeah whatever, this women cannot keep anything to herself. I'm sure my aunts in Texas will find out before the week is over.

This woman is so nosey "Well, his name is Michael but we've only been going out for like a week so it's nothing serious." I said trying to give her just enough info so she wouldn't question me any further.

"Alright , well can I at least see what he looks like?"

I showed her a picture that me and Mikey took the morning he left.

"Awww I see you pumpkin, got you some of that white chocolate. He's cute, much better than Chris." She was never afraid to tell you how she felt.

I laughed "thanks mom-mom. Can I ask you something?" I figured she could help me with my decision because I knew she would give it to me straight.

"Yeah what is it?"

"Michael, he's from Australia and I was thinking about visiting him there for..."

"No that is stupid, didn't you say y'all have only been dating for a week. How long have y'all even known each other?"

"Well thanks for your honest opinion. And I've known him for a about a month." I wasn't even shocked by her response because that's what I needed. I can't really make decisions like this without people like her, I'm too indecisive.

"Anytime." she said seriously. "But then again maybe it isn't that bad of an idea. I know that you're not the type of person to warm up to people that easily, so maybe he really is special to you. But if you do go I don't think you should go by yourself."

"Ok, thanks mom-mom."

"Yup, now I gotta go outside real quick it smells like foot and ass in here."

I was dying laughing, she could never be too serious for too long.
------------

We stayed at sky zone for a little while longer jumped around some, played dodge ball, and sung happy birthday, then left.

When I finally got home I was going to call Mikey because I love his voice and o haven't talked to him in a few days, but I was too tired.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola, cómo estás. This is probably the driest chapter ever written but I don't really know how to format this story because I have exciting ideas but I'm trying to wait for the right time to put them in. Anyway thanks for almost 400 reads in just 2 months.

Don't forget vote and comment any opinions or suggestions about my book or anything else. Tengo un bien día, o noche.