flowers?

this chap really is horrible writing lmao sorry

---

saturday. 11: 53  a.m.

my eyes opened slowly to see Melanie sitting on her stool again, singing to everyone. I was laying on something, but I wasn't sure what it was. it was warm and radiating heat. it was soft and welcoming, and smelled like a mix of charcoal and candy.

it was josh.

i jumped up.

"oh well good morning miss america!" josh laughed. he had everyone laughing too.

"yay youre awake Tyler! come sing with me." Melanie chuckled. I sat up.

"nah you know I love you Mel but I just woke up" I laughed, rubbing my eyes. my voice was groggy as ever.

"I know you can! come here! Brendon! ashley! let's all sing something."

and once again, we sang for hours. we sang until 2:00.

"what's wrong jish?" I asked.

"Ron just texted me...he really wants me home so I got to go. can Jenna maybe drive you home?"

"uh...no. I don't want you going home." Jenna put her hand on his shoulder.

"..." he was silent. then he sighed a loud sigh. "I know, guys, I know why, and there's nothing I can do about it.  i just kinda have to, plus when you were asleep Tyler your mom called she said she wants you home by 3."

I frowned.

we all frowned.

"if I don't go home now guys, it's just gonna be worse." we bit our lips and gave in.

I can't believe we did.

----

monday 7:10 a.m.

me and Melanie walked the halls and she seemed a little sheepish. "what's wrong Mel?" I asked.

"uh, Christina."

"oh. well, it's ok. ya got me here."

she looked around. "yeah well I found out she isn't getting held back. I found it hard to believe anyway, she was always smarter than me, that's what I wrote alphabet boy about."

it all made sense now.

"what does she look like? what's her last name?"

"aguilera. she has blonde hair."

"oh, I know her. she beat Jenna in a math competition because she cheated."

Brendon caught up to us. "who that Christina girl? oh yeah. she's a player. is she the girl who was picking on Mel?"

we nodded our heads.

"oh...I've wanted to punch her in the face since the 3rd grade, man."

we laughed, curious as to why.

"I asked her out by paper asking her to check yes or no, and she came up to me, took out the paper, smiled, and ripped it up, right in my face. she then screamed, 'loser!', the girl deserves a good smack. in the head. with a chair."

we died laughing at that last part. "are you gonna punch her? have you ever punched anyone before?" Mel questioned with a smile.

she was so short she looked up to ask him.

"yeah, I punched that spencer smith kid in the face for throwing his Apple at me in the cafeteria because I checked out his girlfriend. broke his nose."

"wow." I smiled. "that sounds fun." I joked.

he stuck his tongue out. we sat down in homeroom and got comfortable. I looked in the hallway and saw josh coming in with something behind his back.

he didn't look too good though. scratches upon his face and a band aid on his palm.

and a black. eye.

he walked up to me. "h-hey Tyler."

"hi josh!......?"

"so I have a uh, a uh, a question, for uh, you."

I nodded. he took a note card out of his pocket.

"I know that we a-are going to, to uh fall out boy on a-a date-e, but would, would you like to go on one soon, uh sooner, like this weekend, or som-something?" he stuttered. "I bro-ought. wait let me restart. I brought you these flowers."

he pulled out a small bouquet. I squealed. "omg!!! yes!!! totally!!! I would love-" everyone was looking at me. "I mean, yeah sure man, that sounds tight."

he laughed.

"you don't have to be so nervous, josh."

"good uh, good. I'm excited, Tyler. should I pick you up, at uh 8 on Saturday, this weekend?"

I laughed. he was still stuttering. "yes, josh. I'm so excited."

"good." he smiled his beautiful smile.

"now," I leaned on my desk. "why don't you," I pointed to him. "tell me," I pointed to myself. "what happened to your beautiful face."

"it's not really a big deal." he said and looked down. "can I sleep over tonight?"

"you can sleep over for as long as you need to." I smiled.

---