Dear God

'Dear God, please grant me with the body of Scarlett Johansson, atleast so I won't look like a board.' Beth prayed silently sitting next to her family. My little annoying pig of a brother was texting while everyone had their heads down and eyes closed.

'Just because I'm lactose intolerant and hate fish...' She concentrated on her thoughts as the Father started to raise his voice in prayer.

'No matter what, let my height and boob size grow alittle. And if possible, get rid of my cellulite and...' She muttered in my thoughts.

The sound of movement made a pew squeak. Beth looked up.

It was Michael Gordan, the overly hot and popular guy who went to her school. He was looking right at her! With a small smile as if he'd hear her silent but embarrassing prayer. Beth's face heated up as she looked away. She always had a crush on him since he transferred two years ago.

'There's no way he could have heard.'

The rest of mass went on and She looked at her feet the whole time. Even if it was just her imagination, it was unnerving. She would never come back to church again.

Finally it ended and they went home.

"I saw you, Davie you little beastie." Beth hissed at Davie, her annoying little brother. Him being fourteen didn't make him act any older or mature. He was a spoiled brat and got away with everything. Her parents got him everything he wanted yet.

"You saw nothing, if you tell them. I'm going to publish the video I secretly recorded of you trying to sing that Arianna Grande song last week on YouTube." Davie smiled happily at her, he had the face of an angel yet he was evil.

"Whaaaaat?! You better not you little shit!" She hissed at him.

"Try me." He hissed back.

"Tasha, language please." My mom yelled.

"Sorry..." She muttered and looked out the window as we passed buildings and trees.

Upon arriving home, She grabbed her phone and called Jess, her best friend.

"Hey Jess, I just got back. Guess who I saw?"

"Who?!"

"Michael Gordan!"

"Oh nice, did he talk to you?"

"Nah, he gave me this look though. Ugh he's so gorgeous!" I squealed.

"What kind of look?" She asked

"Like he caught me doing something stupid..." Beth sighed

Beth had a huge crush on Michael Gordan. They were both Seniors this year. He wasn't like the other guys, he was so nice and it seemed nothing could touch him. He was on a whole other level.

"Well obviously, he's always surrounded by chicks all the time. Like, really hot girls...but he doesn't go for them. Maybe he's gay." Jess said.

Her reason for wanting to have a more mature body was because she wanted Michael Gordan to notice her. He was everything she want in a guy...She don't care if she sound stalkerish. He is good at everything, Sports, Studies, he's like an Armani model right out of the magazine. It's no wonder he's so popular in Brightwood High School.

After talking to Jess some more. Beth ended the call and jumped on her bed grabbing my pillow.

"I can't believe he actually looked at me!" She squealed hugging her pillow tighter.

If only he would like me...

Oooh why not give that book a try?

Getting up She hurried over to my book shelf looking for the book.

"Where is it? It should be riiight here somewhere. Oh here it is!" I grabbed it.

The title read:

'Incantation of spells to make your wish come true.'

Last week Beth came across this book in a second hand book-store. It was a black leather bound book with silver etched words and some kind of paper. She got it even though it was kinda dusty, a bit torn and weird looking, she still bought it.

Somehow, she felt like this book would be very useful and be her trump card.

'If praying to God doesn't work, I'll conjure my own magic.'

Although She felt like she was betraying a higher force, she just had to try.

Putting the book down in-front of her on the floor and began reading.

'Start the ritual on the night when the moon is crescent. Draw the magic pentagram circle shown here with. 3 red candles and 3 black candles. Place at each pentacle point. Sit in the middle of the pentagram and meditate on the invisible force. Chant the incantation here in and focus on your wish.'

That day Beth did all the above, it was hard to find black candles, she walked into an old shop and found some, she managed to get a huge sheet of paper and 2 black markers from office depot.

"I wish to be with Michael Gordan..." Beth chanted her wish at the end.

'Follow this method closely, be assured that your wishes come true.'

She waited for an hour not moving an inch. Until finally...

"...Damn this isn't working. Ah well, I tried." Beth was about to get up when her windows cracked and glass shattered. The room shook and black feathers blew everywhere.

"Who has summoned me!" And angry roar sounded, "Who?!"

"Holy shit!!" Beth screamed and nearly fainting. Speak of the Devil and he appeared.

Please leave a review, rate and follow.