Chapter I

Jareth's POV

I awoke to the song of songbirds at mywindow, bringing a spring like feel to the castle. Mydaughter,Roselea, is still asleep in her bed. I didn't hear her voiceyet this morning, not even her piano playing that usually woke me upin the sweet mornings. I then sleepily walked to my closet and pickeda outfit. A usual white poofy shirt, my pants, and then my boots. Ithen looked at myself in the mirror, I don't change much, but my eyeslooked tired. All I needed was a nice cup of tea with Roselea, whenshe woke up that is. I decided to see Roselea, why not, she needed towake up at some point. I went to her bedroom and the smell of freshflowers permeated the bedroom. She always picked flowers from thegarden and brought them into her room and my room. It added beauty tothe room as she always said. Roselea was asleep in her bed, shelooked like an angel. Her Fae marks shined the beautiful colors ofsilver, green, red, gold, and blue. Her short hair, which I kindahave grown fond of it, was a little wild and she was in her beautifulwhite nightgown. She was truly the best part of my life... then sheawoke.

"Father? Why are you up so early?"Roselea asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Well, as I have said, the early owlcatches the mice..." I said, then she gave me a teenage look.

"Father, you have never said that...you just altered the human world's saying of the early bird saying."Roselea said as she looked at me and she saw through what I basicallystole from the humans. "Okay, so I never said it, but if Sarah washere she would wonder the same thing.."

"Did you just agree with me foronce?"

"No... no... I didn't..." I saidblushing a little.

"Anyways, can you throw me thatdress? I will be able to get dressed if you hand that to me." Shesaid as she pointed at a beautiful royal blue dress with laces up theback. It was a short dress and it was very poofy near the bottom andshe had gray tights to go with it and calf high black boots. I helpedher lace up her dress in the back and she looked absolutely gorgeous.Her brown hair shined and her gold streaks sparkled. She was the mostadorable teenage Fae of 16000 years old. We then ventured off to thethrone room to have tea. She brewed the tea as I relaxed on my thronein my usual fashion. I almost fell asleep and Roselea woke me up.

"Not getting enough sleep, Father?"She asked and she smiled at me.

"I was only resting my eyes, that'sall my dear." I said, smiling back at her and she handed me apiping hot cup of tea. It had the smell of regular black tea but hadthe sweetness of honey and the creaminess of the milk to make it wellbalanced. She smiled at me after we both took a drink of our tea, andwe both were now sitting on our thrones, both of us in the samefashion. "Father, I can never imagine a better life... we have eachother and no worries at the moment." Roselea said as she then tookanother sip of her tea. "Yeah... Oh! Tonight is the full moon! Andyou know what that means." I said, almost spilling my tea fromstraightening myself up in my throne. "Yeah! Another night of magicflowing through the Labyrinth. A night when magic is the strongest!"and she jumped out of her throne and she ran from the room.

She then came back with her wickerbasket in her hand. "Father, I am going to go to the garden to gopick some fruit for breakfast." and I gave her a nod and she ran,almost running over a sleeping goblin. What would I ever do withouther?

I then was exploring the castle whileRoselea was going to the garden and spotted something with a tarpover it. I uncovered it and it was a beautiful mirror. There was abeautiful crystal on top and there were many jewels around it. Whywas it kept away all this time? Then I had an idea, it had many moonson it, why not bring it up the throne room and show it to Roseleawhen the moon rises highest in the sky? What a clever plan! I had afew goblins bring it to the throne and I covered it again. Roseleawill love it!