Introduction

IT WAS THE DAUGHTER of a certain, powerful goddess who would pull off one of the most preeminent Games in history; her powers would be an equivalent to those of the Olympian gods themselves. The goddess whom was her mother simply rose above all. This demigod child was rumored to have the power to send out waves of darkness and terror; it was even said she could summon the very constellations to her aid.

This was Serena Fogg, daughter of the primordial night goddess, Nyx.

She was ruler of Panem, and the only known demigod left on Earth. She was determined to make this Games, the 300th Annual Hunger Games, the best of all. To make it the one to be remembered for all eternity.

And the way to do that was calling on the Olympians.

Serena knew they were itching for something, something to bring them back.

As the people of Panem -the only existing place for Mount Olympus- were so succumbed to the labor of their district work and the annual Games, they were also slowly detaching themselves from the Greek and Roman gods and goddesses. The Olympians were gradually fading. They were to follow in Pan's footsteps- but Serena was the only one who could see their end, and with relish.

But if there was something -say, a Hunger Games dedicated to just them, to remind mortals of the powers of the gods, wouldn't that bring the Olympians back to memory? It was a good path.

Her mother, Nyx, would not approve. Yet what was she to do? Besides- Serena was only prolonging the life of the Olympians by a mere century or so; there was an absolute certainty that Panem could not keep the Olympians alive forever. Serena could live an eternity as her mother's servant- once the chaos of the mortal world was finally gone. Nyx would take over the mortal world, drowning it with everlasting darkness with twinkling constellations.

"Home, sweet home." Serena Fogg, daughter of Nyx, whispered.