(10) Confessions

A/N The pic above has no relation to the story. It's just a picture that I'm drawing and I wanted to know what y'all thought so far.

(Y/N)'s POV

I frowned at the piece of paper in my hands from Sonic. He said that he wanted to meet me in Green Hill Zone on top of the tall hill. The same hill I meet Kage on. He said to come before the sun went down at dusk.

I finally arrived at the hill. On top I saw the famous blue blur. I was a bit nervous. I think he wants to ask me out. But how will I tell him that I'm taken? No-one knows about Kage!

When I got on top, I faked a smile so I didn't worry him. But, when I got up there he was frowning in nervousness like I was and he masked it in a smile. 'Great,' I thought sarcastically. 'We both have something to tell eachother that's making us nervous. Just wonderful.'

"Hey (y/n)!" He greeted trying to sound like he wasn't worrying. We both knew that it wasn't working.

"Sonic," I sighed in defeat. He looked at me apologetically. "What is it? You seem nervous." He looked away.

"I got something to show you." He paused and took a deep breath. "And I don't think you're gonna like it." That left me confused. He wasn't asking me out? Then what was he showing me?

"Uh, Sonic, I-" He made a signal with his hand to shush me. He had a grim and regretful expression plastered on his face. I was honestly getting worried.

"I know." He looked at the sun which was almost completely gone. "You have a boyfriend, Kage." I was shocked.

"You know Ka-"

"Yes and no." Confusion took over again. "Kage isn't real, (y/n). I'm sorry. But he's-" He gripped his head in pain.

Sonic started growing. Not much, more of a bulk growth. His fur became darker and more fluffier. His hands, which I just realized had no gloves on, grew into claws. The tips of his quills became lighter and fangs grew in his mouth. When this finished, he was on the ground panting slightly.

I took a step back as realization hit me like a bullet to the heart. My heart broke as I realized what lies had been fed to me. And that I ate them right from his hand. I gasped and put a hand on my mouth with tears stinging my eyes. I shook my head.

I couldn't believe it. He lied to me. And I thought that he loved me. To make it all worse is the fact that the lie started when I first met him. When I asked his name. I knew I should've trusted that feeling that he was lying.

Kage wasn't real. But Sonic was. And he lied to me. "How could you do this to me!" He looked at me, obviously taken aback. "Did you really think that by telling me that you were lying that I would still want you?" He looked down in disappointment. Inside, I was crying happily and I just wanted to hold him and tell him that it was ok. On the outside was another story. It was like something had possessed me and was forcing me to say stuff I didn't mean.

Sonic looked at me with hurt clearly etched into his face. "(Y/n)...." He said reaching his hand out. My body stepped away and I shook my head.

"Sonic, if you truly loved me," I exclaimed. "You would never have lied to me in the first place. Or you should've at least told me when I saw you in your hedgehog form!" And with that I ran away in tears.

I got home and slammed the door. As soon as I did, I felt like crap. I finally was letting out what I truly felt. I slid down the door crying.

What had I done? I just ruined our relationship and probably even friendship. I didn't mean any of what I said. I meant the opposite. Sure, he shoulda told me earlier but he didn't deserve me if I treat him like that. Not even as a friend. None of them do.

I eventually went to my room and fell asleep on my bed with a tearstained face and pillow damp with tears.