fourteen

My alarm rudely woke me up from my deep sleep, sending me into a state of grumpiness. I groaned, lifting my hand from under the comforter and searching for my phone to snooze my alarm. From the bed beside mine, Johnson grumbled incoherent words at my failed attempt at turning the damn thing off. I gave up blindly looking for the device, and lifted my head up for help. My eyes adjusted to the bright room, and I knew I could not go back to sleep now.

"Why does it have to be so goddamn early," I whispered to myself. My sock clad feet touched the carpeted floor and I yawned—I'm going to be doing this the entire day.

"Wake up, J," I threw a pillow at the back of his head. He whined, flipping me off in response. I rolled my eyes, trudging to the bathroom with my toiletries bag and clothes for soundcheck in my arms. I stripped from my pajamas and hopped into the hot shower. I washed my body, hair, and face, taking about twenty minutes.

After wiping off the fogged up mirror and brushing my teeth, I slipped on a pair of distressed mom shorts and a striped crop top. Not bothering with makeup, I exit the bathroom to see Johnson out of bed and scrolling through his phone.

"Look who finally dragged his ass out of bed," I pursed my lips.

"Yeah, well, I was woken up by Dani, who was screaming in the shower." He rolled his eyes.

I laughed at him while I shoved my feet into my white SK8-Hi's. I placed my sunglasses on top of my head and dropped my phone in a new bag.

"How many purses did you bring with you, Stel?" Johnson eyed me as I transferred my other things into my purse.

"I think three," I laughed. "But I bought this one yesterday. I couldn't resist."

He rolled his eyes with a shake of his head and made his way into the bathroom. The doors from the other side of the suite opened and out came Gilinsky and Dani, ready for the day.

"Morning, Stel!" G smiled.

"Mornin' G," I waved. "Are Nate and Sam up yet?"

"Don't know, actually. I'll go check." He kissed Dani's forehead and the door shut, signaling he left the suite. Yawning, I laid on the couch and turned on the tv to kill some time while everyone was doing their own thing.

"Hey babe," Sam whispered behind me, scaring me half to death. I jumped out of my seat and turned to see Sam clutching his stomach while laughing hysterically. I smacked him roughly, which didn't cause his laugh to falter one bit.

"Asshole! You scared me!" I clutched my heart, my breathing becoming fast paced. He continued to laugh at me and I rolled my eyes, sitting back on the couch, waiting for him to finish.

"Sorry, princess," He giggled, going in for a kiss. Attempting to be upset, I turned my head and avoided eye contact. He whined, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I bit down on my lip to refrain from smiling, but I miserably failed.

"Knew you couldn't stay mad at me," Sam smugly grinned. Using one hand and placing it under my chin, he pulled me in for a short, sweet kiss.

The doors of the suite, along with J and I's bathroom door coincidentally swung open and everyone was now ready to go.

"Let's go?" I asked, grabbing my bag. Sam interlocked our fingers together and all of us piled out the door.

"By the way, you look hot babe," He whispered, causing me to blush.

"You look good, too," I kissed his cheek, noticing his outfit. He was wearing a white baseball jersey with skinny jeans, a rip in one knee. His feet were clad in white slip-on Vans.