Chapter 30: Urgent

Carl POV

Enid and I ran to the gates once we heard them screech the ground as the opened. Three vehicles, waiting to come in. My dad, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, everyone. I saw the relief in Enid's face when she saw Simone. I never saw the care Enid actually had for Simone. I didn't even realize the care that I had for Simone until she was gone.

"Carl! Enid!" Simone yelled, running up to us while pulling us into a hug.

"We missed you." Enid told Simone.

"I did too." She said back.

We all pulled out of the hug and began to stare at each other in awkward silence. I grabbed onto Enid's hand, showing Simone that me and Enid were together now. She looked at our hands, then smiling. However, it wasn't a normal smile. It was a fake smile. My eyebrow immediately went up with curiosity, but ignored it and didn't say anything.

I walked away from Enid and Simone, leaving them to talk. I ran over to my dad. I hadn't seen him in two days so I wanted to talk.

I noticed that he was unloading the van of the weapons. I went over to the trunk and started to help.

It was silent besides the sounds of guns clicking and clacking.

"You don't have to help, you know." My dad told me.

"I know. But it will go by faster if I do." I explained.

We didn't talk after that. Just unloaded. My dad never really has conversations with me anyways. I felt alone before Enid came along. Michonne helped a little, but she didn't understand what I felt. With me and Enid, the feeling was mutual. We both felt alone at one point.

I walked away from the group as for they were not giving out attention. They were focused on preparing and cleaning.

I ran back over to Enid. Simone gave me an odd look, and Enid seemed suspicious.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We have to tell you something." Simone said. Could it be what Enid was not ready to tell me? Why would she tell Simone about it before me?

Anger and curiosity rushed through my mind. I was angry because I begged Enid to tell me forever, and Enid is with Simone for five seconds, and she tells her. 

Enid looked down, as if she were thinking of how she was going to tell me.

"Honestly Carl, I'm scared to tell you." Enid cried out.

"You told Simone perfectly fine." I argued.

"Carl, you know it's different." Simone crossed her arms.

"How?" I asked.

"Think about it." Simone sassily added.

I ignored Simone. She was getting on my nerves.

"Fine. If you don't want to tell me, don't." I yelled. I stormed off due to irritation. Even though Enid and Simone were calling my name, I didn't look back. Until I heard a loud scream.

Quickly I glanced behind me. I saw Maggie clutching her stomach. She kept screaming.

"Maggie!" I ran over to her. I grabbed onto her arm and started talking. "Are you okay?!"

"M-my stomach really hurts!" She yelled as she grunted.

"I'll go get Denise." I ran away to Denise's house as fast as I could and barged through the door.

"Denise!" I called. She rushed down the stairs.

"Is someone hurt?!" She asked.

"Maggie! Her stomach is hurting really bad."

"Get her over here! Now!" I nodded my head and ran back out the door. I headed toward Maggie. I could hear my heart beating out of my chest. I felt my feet pound the ground as I ran.

"Maggie! Come on." I grabbed onto her shoulder, lifting her up. To my assistance, Enid and Glenn helped. We walked as fast as possible. Maggie was in excruciating pain. To the point where she was having trouble walking.

Finally, we reached Denise. She ran outside and asked Maggie multiple questions. We took her inside and laid her down on the couch.

Denise raced over to the medicine cabinet, and took out pills. She ran back over to Maggie. Denise handed the bottle of pills to her, and Maggie knocked them to the ground.

"I will not take pills while I'm pregnant." Maggie beared her teeth.

"Maggie, they're harmless to the baby." Denise told her. "I wouldn't give you something that wasn't."

Maggie screamed again. "What is happening to me?!"

"Maggie, I don't know. But I need you to try to stay still for a second." Denise asked of Maggie.

Glenn walked over to the other side of the couch and held Maggie down. Denise pulled Maggie's  shirt up, and started feeling Maggie's stomach and asking Maggie how bad it hurt.

"That's odd." Denise said with a worrisome face.

"What?" Maggie panicked.

"There's a bump where the baby should be." She took a long pause, concentrating. "Oh my god. The baby. I-it's-" Maggie cut her off.

"The baby is what!?" Maggie screamed.

"Y-your baby... It's dead." Denise announced. Maggie started crying in agony.

"How do you know?" Glenn asked Denise, while crying.

"This pain means she had a miscarriage." She paused. "How far along are you?"

"Two months!" Maggie cried.

"Have you noticed any bleeding?" Denise asked.

"No." Maggie nodded no.

"As far as I can see, your son or daughter died. And if we don't cut it out, it could become the undead." She told Maggie.

"You mean it could eat out of her stomach?" Glenn asked Denise.

"Yes." Maggie started screaming in panic. Anyone could see that she was scared to die.

"Maggie?" I called. No response. I turned my head. I couldn't deal with another situation like my moms. I began to tear up at the thought of her.

I ran out of the house, hoping no one followed me. I jumped over the wall. I began running once again, grabbing my gun for emergencies.

*

*

*

*

Maggie's baby? Dead? I don't know!

Make sure to vote and leave feed back in the comments.

By the way, I know doctors detect miscarriages by ultra scan, but they don't have access to that kind of technology in Alexandria. 

Byeeeeee!!