10-The Times are a-Changin'

^I have literally watched this like 20 times...it's just too awesome for me lol

Mustafar was a terrible planet. Ben instantly decided that he hated it. The lava churned and raged through the rivers, and sparks and embers flew sporadically across the dark, rugged landscape. He trudged up to the dark doors of the building that the path from the landing pad led him to. The doors opened automatically, and he strolled in, taking in his surroundings.

He felt the darkness surround him, wrapping its evil tendrils around his soul, suffocating the light within him. It got hard to breathe, and suddenly Ben was on his knees.

"I apologize for the darkness in this temple. It can be hard to handle, even for myself. The feeling will go away momentarily. Now, let me show you the true power of the dark side, padawan; or dare I say, my apprentice?" The voice was booming, but carried wisdom and power. A tall figure stepped out from among the shadows, revealing a thin, tall, being. A being, because Ben wasn't even sure if he was human. This was definitely Snoke, the voice whom has spoken to him for almost a year.

Ben bowed to Snoke, feeling it was the right thing to do in his current situation.

"Padawan, you may rise," Ben rose cautiously, lifting his head up slowly to take a look at Snoke once again. "Follow me," and Snoke began striding down the hall, and opened up a door, motioning for Ben to enter. Ben slowly walked into the small, black room. In the middle of this room, stood a pedestal. Upon this pedestal, was a helmet, a very mangled helmet. Dark energy radiated off of it, Ben then realized this was Darth Vader's helmet.

Ben pressed his fingers against the metal helmet, and suddenly was caught in a vision. He felt the pain of Padmé dying, the anger that Darth Vader went through. Then, came the feeling of the dark side; power surging through his veins, and the thoughts of how others were so weak, how they were so replaceable.  The tornado of emotions raged in his mind. Anger. Fulfillment. Pride.

Ben was pulled out of the vision, with sweat dribbling down his forehead. He looked up expectantly at Snoke. Ben was ready. He would finish, what his grandfather started.

"My apprentice. You have done well this past day. I think it is time I reward you with something. You are no longer Ben Solo. Ben Solo is dead. You, are now Kylo Ren. Ben Solo was weak, and of the light, but you are Kylo Ren, and you are stronger than anyone would ever know."

"Yes Master." The dark apprentice was dressed in dark robes, and had been fashioned a helmet. He had created a new light saber too. He had ripped apart his old one, accidentally  cracking the crystal, and used all the materials he could find to construct a new one. Using a design that hadn't been used since ancient times. Although it was unstable, the saber was powerful, and carried what some may consider the mark of a person whom used the dark side of the force; a red saber. The cross guard saber was easy for him to use, and the two beams of energy that shot out of the hilt had a useful purpose in battle.

"Kylo Ren, I deem you the leader of the Knights of Ren. At the time of sunset at the Jedi Academy, you will lead the Knights in a massacre on the academy. You are to kill anyone in your way, and everyone in sight. This will prove your allegiance to me. This is your first step into becoming like your grandfather."

"Yes Master," and the newly named, 'Kylo Ren' marched onto the waiting ship that would take him to the Jedi Academy.

Rey was having a horrible dream. Screams that were so realistic, that they could almost be right outside her door. A red, blazing light saber, that was being yielded by a tall figure, clothed in black, it's face covered by a metal helmet. It slashed its lightsaber down, and another scream rang out.

Rey woke up, and sat bolt up straight. Those screams were real. Rey started panicking, something bad was happening. She grabbed her lightsaber and ran outside.

Bodies layed on the ground, lifeless, while some random limbs scattered the landscape. A figure, just like the one in her dream stood not so far away.

Suddenly, she felt a pull in the force, similar the pull that she feels when she knows Ben is near.

Oh no. It couldn't be.

The tall figure turned around, recognizing her presence, and it started advancing toward her. What the hell was she going to do?

Cliffhanger. Sorry. I'm just so evil like that. Was that chapter good? I pray that you all understood what just went on. If it's confusing, or if you have any questions on the chapter, just leave them in the comments, K? Unfortunately, it's back to school for me this Monday😭 Anyone get the reference in the chapter title? I listen to older music...50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. I am like an 50's-80's music encyclopedia...I can tell you the artist, title, and sometimes album of each of the songs😂 okey Dokey, signing off my padawans. Oh! And THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES!!!! I AM INTERNALLY SCREAMING RIGHT NOW(does that even make sense?)
May the force be with you,
M.J.
PS: happy easter for those who celebrate. Despite my celebrations, I will still most likely be updating tomorrow!