Chapter 18: Winter is Coming

(This little part is from Lucy's view from the continuation of the last chapter, after that its all about Arabia and Lucky)

I grabbed Connor from his shoulders and pushed him in front of me.
"Remember this", I said.
"Remember what?", Connor said.
I started blushing,
"Lucy, why are you....."
I kissed him..

It only lasted three seconds, but even though it was short I did it

It only lasted three seconds, but even though it was short I did it. When we released we both looked at each other. Now it just felt weird. I was just thinking about those three seconds. Even though it was short, it felt nice; I guess.

"Wow, you...you...",
I could see the look on his face. He was shocked, he couldn't even say or finish a sentence.
"Don't tell anyone", I said.
"O...o..ok"
He was blushing and so was I.

I saw snow falling nearby us. Little dots came everywhere. Then we both ran to the others, telling them it was snowy. Even I knew that being in the forest when it snows is bad; that's when monsters come out of hiding and begin hunting before spring begins.

*********
(POV ARABIA)

"So......."
"So what?"
"Where definitely lost", I said.
"How did this even happen", Lucky said, "It just makes no sense."
"Maybe we went the wrong way", I said.
We both tried to think of a way to get back to our friends. We both knew that going back the way we came from would be a bad idea because......
"Wait how come we don't go the way we came from", Lucky asked.
That kind of creeped me out because that is what I was just thinking about.

"Well, I just remembered that these forest change directions", Lucky said.
"What do you mean by changing directions?", I asked.
"Well every couple hours the paths that we walk in with our group change, so that means we are going the right way, but in a different direction", Lucky said.
I looked at him in a confused way.
He noticed....
"Do you understand what I'm talking about", Lucky asked.
Ignoring him I asked.
"How do you know this stuff. This is my dimension, not yours."
"Well, when I was younger I use to...."

We were interrupted by the noises of the night. Howls of wolfs, hoots of owls, noises of crickets, and other noises that I didn't even know; which scared me even more, worst of all, it was getting darker and darker!!!!
Looking around us, I knew that a creature could come at us because we don't have a place to stay and were in the wide open. I was worried for my friends, I was worried for Lucky, I was worried for myself.

"I'm not sleeping", I finally said.
"Why not?", Lucky asked.
"Because we're not safe", I said.
"Of course we are, we have each other", Lucky said.
"But still, I'm scared of anything happens to us", I said.
"I'll take first watch", Lucky said.
"No...",
"I'm not risking that", I said.
"Please I prefer for you to at least get some rest", Lucky said.
"But....."
"But nothing. Get some rest, then I'll wake you up when it's your turn", Lucky said.
"Ok, ok I'll get some rest", I said.
"Good. Take this"
He gave me a blanket.
"How did you....."
"Don't even ask", Lucky said.
"Ok?"