Tattoo (Karma's POV)

The hours passed quickly. Tom and Sara had already packed all the bags the night before. So getting to the airport on time was no problem. And the flight back seemed short. It would've been much shorter if I flew back to the states, but Tom and Sara still didn't know their adopted daughter was an Angel.

It was late by the time we landed on US ground. We reached the house around 3 in the morning. Caroline and I were greeted by the school uniforms Sara bought right before the trip.

Laid out on my bed was a white blouse with a skirt. It was basically your traditional schoolgirl uniform. No doubt the same uniform was laid out on Caroline's bed in the adjacent room.

School started at 7, meaning I only had less than 4 hours to sleep. I ran the math in my head, taking into account the time it would take to do my hair and makeup, leaving me with only 2 hours of sleep. I fell back on my bed, landing on the soft goose down comforter and laying on my side as I watched my alarm clock tick closer to 7 AM.

Unfortunately, it ticked too fast and the 2 hours turned into 2 seconds. I grabbed a quick shower before Caroline got in. If there's one thing I learned the entire summer we spent together, it's that she takes long showers.

In my room, I towel-dried my hair while I took an extra 30 minutes to blow-dry my wings.

I put on a white tank top as soon as I finished drying the last feather. I tucked in my wings so they would fit nicely against my shoulder blades.

I pulled on my skirt and and buttoned the blouse on, choosing to leave untucked and put some boots on.

Caroline mimicked me, but instead of boots she chose wedges.

Sara had enrolled us in an all-girls school before we left. It looked like an old abandoned mansion but the inside was well decorated and the classrooms were well equipped.

The one thing I didn't like is we basically had one teacher all day long. The class size was small though, so I couldn't complain, especially since Caroline and I had the same classes together.

Today was a lazy day, but to Caroline it was torture. Imagine how happy she was when the day ended and we walked outside. I walked, but Caroline skipped like a little girl with her bag in her hand, happy to see the day was now over.

Outside in the courtyard, a large crowd of freshman girls had gathered and let out several squeals of excitement. 

A large engine roared, and as Caroline and I got closer to investigate, a familiar face became apparent.