one

Chapter One.

Inhale, Exahale, Inhale, Exhale.

The cigarette was hanging loosely in my mouth as I sent Scott a quick text asking him if he was on his way.

It was a ritual you could say, every morning after my dad left I would light one and finish it before Scott picked me up.

He texted back quickly and i rolled up my sleeve revealing a line of marks looking like bruises, well apart from the shade of purple and yellow on some of them.

I squished the burning end into my wrist and inhaled sharply at the pain.

I jumped at the sound of a honk from outside and threw the bud in to my waste basket.

Grabbing my bag I ran out and jumped into the side of Scotts car.

"Dude" he said lightly as we started driving.

"Dude What?" I ask imitating him.

"You smell like smoke and blood" he asks pulling the car over next to the forest.

I froze and sink into my seat. Staying silent.

"What's going on with you?" He asked turning his body partially towards me.

"Nothing. Now drive we are going to be late" I say frustrated.

"I'm not moving this vehicle till you tell me what's going on, you arent yourself!" he yelled banging his hand on the steering wheel.

I flinch and grab the door handle yanking it open my backpack hanging off my shoulder. I turn around,

"I'll just walk then!" I yell back flashing him the bird.

A half and hour later I was at the school trudging in angrily.

"Something wrong?" I heard somebody ask.

I turn around and see Erica.

"There is now." I say glaring.

"You're just like us, Stiles, you don't fit in with your group, but if you take the bite you will." She says pushing me down on the bench forcefully.

"I don't want the bite" I say annoyed.

"Fine, don't take the bite, but you're still one of us. Hangout with Isaac and I sometime. You'll see" She whispers in my ear then stands up walking off.

I could practically see the smile on her face.