When Love Meets

Marietta

“We’re going to Taylor’s party tonight,” my best friend and roommate Holly announced coming into my room. She was already dressed to go out. She had on a low cut white top and black jeans that were tucked into black boots. Her long blonde hair was curled and her blue eyes shown with excitement.

“We are?” I questioned. I really hated parties so I was hoping she would let me stay home. While I love our friend Taylor, she was not worth a night of shitty music and drunk people. Well, actually her music wasn’t that bad considering her dad worked at Fearless records and we all loved most of the label’s bands.

“Yes, we are,” Holly told me with a nod. “Now, get dressed,” she added gesturing to my pajamas. I had been just about ready to go bed when she had walked in.

I sighed and walked over to m closet. I pulled out my favorite Motionless In White shirt, a plaid button down shirt to go over it since it was cold outside, ripped black jeans, and my combat boots. I pulled off my comfy pajamas reluctantly and changed. I quickly brushed my long wavy dark brown hair and redid my makeup.

“Ready to go?” Holly asked grabbed her purse. I nodded slipping my phone in my back pocket. I nodded even though I was more ready to go to bed than anything. Holly was going to owe me after this one.

It didn’t take long to get to Taylor’s house since she only lived a few streets from our apartment building. I could hear the music pumping from down the street. As we neared the house, I could see tons of people on the front lawn and could practically smell the alcohol from the car. I cringed at the scent. I didn’t drink. At all. My mom had been alcoholic and I didn’t see the need for it.

I let out a sigh as we made our way to the front door. It was open so we just walked right in. Holly instantly ran for the kitchen to get her first drink of the night and I followed. I wanted to see if Taylor had any soda in her fridge. She knew I didn’t drink and sometimes stocked up on soda for me when she had parties. I was delighted to find an unopened twelve pack. It seemed to be calling my name. I grabbed one of the cans and went to the living room. 

I leaned against one of the walls since all the seats were taken mostly by couples making out. I shook my head at them knowing that they wouldn’t even remember it tomorrow. I just stood there for awhile surveying the scene. I had lost Holly in my hunt for soda so it looked like this was going to be my night: standing against this wall and bobbing my head to the music. I really hated Holly sometimes. I mean, she was my best friend, but she didn’t seem to understand that I’d rather just stay home and not go to parties. 

I shoved my free hand in my pocket and hoped this night would go fast. As I took a sip of my soda, someone came up to me. I groaned innerly. I was so not in the mood to talk to people.

“I like your shirt,” the guy said. I took my can down from my mouth and almost choked on my soda when I saw who was standing next to me. There was none other than my favorite singer from my favorite band. Chris fucking Motionless in the flesh was right next to me.

Once the shock subsided a bit and I regained the ability to speak, I replied with a thank you. It was still hard to believe that he was right next to me. I mean, I knew they were on Fearless records and Taylor sometimes got to hang out with guys in bands because of her dad, but I would never have guessed that she would invite them to her party.

“So, you’re a fan?” he questioned. It was a bit of a dumb question. I was wearing a shirt with his face on it, but I guess he was just trying to make conversation.

“Yeah. You guys are my favorite band,” I told him with a small smile. I didn’t want to tell him that I had seen them three times and his lyrics could get me through anything.