||Fifteen||

Seven Years Later
Zarielle POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••

"MOMMY!" Zamia called out! "Zamien keep hitting me!"

"Leave your sister alone boy." I replied.

I really wish I could get a break from these kids. If it ain't one it's the other.

"Ma, can you please change my number? I'm tired of my father calling me trying to apologize." Cynniah came in my room. Anthony did us all wrong.

"Yeah, but go get ready, we leaving in a few minutes." I sighed.

About three years ago when Anthony was released from prison, he found himself a new bitch and a new family. Two years ago, I remember when we seen him, Cynniah was so excited to see her father, she hugged him and everything. As soon as, two other children came along and Anthony acted as if he didn't know her, just to please the baby momma.

I've been to their home before, it's nice but it's not one picture of Cynniah anywhere. It's sad enough her mom was murdered and now her father doesn't want to deal with her. He thinks we're his second choice, and I'm not going to let it happen unless Cynniah wants too. But now, him and his baby mama broke up, he is trying to apologize, but I'm not going for it. I'm going to raise these kids on my own for the rest of my life. I've depended on people for too long.

On the other hand, we have good news. I went to a community college, I have my degree and I am a full time nurse practitioner and full time entrepreneur. My company is worth thousands of dollars and hopefully it can reach the millions.

"Y'all ready?" I yelled.

"Yeah." They all answered.

"Let's go then."

I walked down the steps to meet my kids. We walked out the house and I locked the door.

"Bahama Breeze?" I questioned the children.

"Yes."

"Mommy! I left my iPad!" Zamia began whining.

"Get my iPad out my purse and give it to your sister." I spoke to Cynn.

We rode around the city for a minute until Cynniah reached for my radio.

"I just bought a pistol it got thirty rounds in it, pull up at ya momma house and put some rounds in it!" She rapped along, while recording on snap chat.

We pulled up and parked in a space at the restaurant. I turned the radio down before cutting off the engine.

"Come on y'all. Get out."

We walked inside of the restaurant, it was open seating and we chose to sit outside.

"Hey, I'm Lia and I'll be your waitress for today. Can I start you off with something to drink?" A pretty woman spoke.

"Pink lemonade." Said Cynniah.

"Sprite." Spoke Zamien.

"Pink lemonade." Said Zamia.

"Sweet tea." I replied.

"Two pink lemonades, a sprite, and a sweet tea coming right up." She smiled and walked away.

Waiting for a few minutes, the kids were busy on their iPads, and Cynn was on her phone. When the drinks and rolls came, that's when the talk began.

"Y'all ready for school?" I asked.

"Nope, nope, nope." Zamia said.

"Why not?"

"Cause it's full of fake people and work!" Cynn replied.

"You got anything to say Zamien?" I asked him.

"I just want a girlfriend."

We all busted out laughing. This litte boy is something serious.

"Well it's in two weeks, so today we going clothes and shoe shopping, and tomorrow we'll get supplies. Deal?"

"Deal." They spoke together.

We all looked up as Anthony approached us. He was walking by and took a double take as he seen us.

"I know it's been a minute since we was all a family, but I heard y'all conversation. I'm really sorry for leaving y'all, let me make it up by taking y'all shopping." He pleaded.

"Nah, we good." Cynniah spoke before I could open my mouth.

"Ny ny, I'm sorry Niah." He walked around to Cynn's seat.

"Don't call me that! I don't know you." A tear fell from her face.

He tried wiping it but she moved his hand away. It wasn't too long before more tears came and she got up and ran inside the building.

"Y'all don't go nowhere." I looked at the twins before getting up. "Protect your sister."

As I walked away, Anthony grabbed my arm. I looked up at him with pure hate in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Zarielle, let me love you again." He said.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay a project chick." I yanked my arm away before following Cynn's footsteps.

THE END