The First and Only Chapter

Tyler doesn't spend time with friends. Tyler doesn't spend time playing sports. Tyler doesn't spend time watching television. No, the multitude of his time, he builds things. His parents don't always know where he even gets his building parts, but are concerned for his safety. Right after school, he comes home, does chores, and goes to his projects. But that didn't matter to this brown-haired, half-asian kid. One time, after his seventh-grade homework, he went straight to finishing another project. But this one would by far be the best, most life-changing, most glorious creation he would ever make.

It was a time machine. It was pretty trashy, and was just pretty much a big, metal booth. It had stains on it and smelled of horse droppings, after the horse had Indian food.

Tyler opened the heavy door, spun the wheel to a random time in the future, and flipped the switch. He then held his breath, not knowing what would happen. He was excited. He wondered if it was going to be like his favorite movie, Wall-e. The siren on the small ceiling rang for five minutes, and after that, silence.

Tyler opened the door, and he didn't see his normal basement. He saw his home, New York City, in the year of 2139. It was smack in the middle of Times Square. Everything was pretty much the same, except that it was 3-D. Tyler's jaw dropped.

Just then, someone pushed him. "Watch where you're going!" yelled the person, making everyone stare at Tyler like an audience. Everyone was wearing sunglasses, and took them off when they watched. Afterwards, they put them back on and resumed.

Tyler saw a pair on the ground and put them on. He saw the same thing through a camera lens, and there was a sidebar with email, texting, games, and more. Tyler didn't know how to use it, but then, he saw everyone moving their fingers around. When he did it, he was navigating through like it was through a phone. He got creeped out so he put the glasses back on the ground.

After hiding his time machine near the TKTS booths, he walked out of Times Square, and the only way he could go somewhere else was to go on a moving walkway instead of sidewalks. The moving walkways had advertisements of a company that ships robots. Tyler pushed through the people standing on the walkway (all had sunglasses on) and saw that the cars were all green. Tyler knew that they were made from emerald.

Next, Tyler came to Central Park, and it was surprisingly pretty much the same. Except now, you sit down on a chair and the chair moves you. Also, Belvedere Castle got 13 new floors built.

While he was moving, he saw something that was obviously a robot. It was pretty much made of what Tyler's time machine is made of, but way cleaner. Tyler got off his chair and walked over to the robot.

"May I help you?" asked the robot. Tyler freaked out.

"Uh-Um-W-No," Tyler said.

"What's the matter?"

"Wh-Who are you?"

"My name is TH601SB," replied the robot, "Master Ethan left the door open."

Tyler got a little more confident. "My name's Tyler."

"I don't have you in my system. May I add you?"

"Um, sure."

Just then, TH601SB scanned him up and down like R2-D2. "You are from the past," it said.

"Well, yeah," explained Tyler, "I time-traveled. I don't really know what has happened since 2016."

"Well," said the robot, "Apple made sunglasses to replace phones, Amazon now has microwaves in every house in which the product comes out of, Paris got destroyed-"