She's Really Alive

Camila pulled up to work the next day, and got out of her car. She was already getting tired of the uniform, and being a bus girl. She didn't want to clean tables or be nice to customers. She wanted to be back in her house, with her girlfriend. Whenever Camila got bored, Lauren would always do something exciting. One night they had climbed on the roof top, just to see the stars and take in the night sky. Another time Lauren spread out an enormous sheet of paper across the floor, dipped her feet in blue paint, and walked across the paper just to make painting more interesting. She was always trying to make Camila happy, no matter what it took.
Camila got out of her car, and started to walk to the door.

"Good morning!" Lilly's shoulder brushed against Camila's shoulder as she walked beside her. Camila couldn't find words to greet her. "So I take it we'll be working the same hours usually.. Fun! I still want to be friends, and I'm still sorry about yesterday.. I'm not usually that irresponsible with Justin. Usually I don't tell people I just met, but he saved me when we were in the war. He found me in the back of a truck, really messed up. He took care of me until I was recovered, I didn't remember anything about my life or who I am.. The dog tag was how we knew my name. He helped me find myself again." Lauren told Camila. Camila was shocked that Lauren had been taken and just thrown into some truck, with a dog tag that wasn't even hers. No wonder.

"That's really amazing. I'm glad you survived." Camila said sincerely, her heart was pounding faster than ever. She was finding out what had happened to her girlfriend piece by piece, but the thought of it made her sick.

"Thanks Camila, I am too. If it weren't for Justin then I wouldn't have met you and everyone at the restaurant." Lilly said, completely serious and heart warming. Camila couldn't believe she just said that, it hurt so much to keep back her feelings and the truth of Lauren's past. Lauren's green eyes sparkled a little extra in the sun light, and her dark hair was pulled perfectly into a low ponytail. She was perfect. Camila stared at her for a quick second, before walking into work.

"Camila!" Camila's boss Andy, who she didn't like very much sounded extra angry this morning. "I'm moving you up to be a waitress early, you seem to have the hang of things." He said, and walked away quickly like he was late to the most important event of his life.

"Congrats!" Lauren said as she stood next to Camila.

"Thanks." Camila replied giving a half smile.

"We should get to work." Lauren suggested, and scurried to the dining room. Camila followed.

Camila was assigned to two tables at once, which was easy. She walked over to table four, finding a not so pleasant surprise.

"Dinah?.." Camila asked in a whisper, so her boss wouldn't hear her speaking to a customer in a rude way. "So you're following me now?" She asked in a stern, but quiet tone.

"I want to see her." Was all Dinah said. Just then, Lauren walked out of the kitchen into the room. Camila would admit she looked slightly different, she had changed... But she was the same person. Camila looked at Dinah very seriously, then leaned in, pointing Lauren also known as Lilly, out. Dinah stared at the green eyed beauty, hesitantly.

"Oh my God." Was all she could say. "That's... That's her Mila." Her voice cracked as she looked down, her eyes filling up with tears. Dinah got up very quickly to hug Camila.

"Dinah.. I need to stay here awhile and figure this out. She doesn't remember who she was. She's getting married to a man.. Her name is Lilly. I don't even know who she is." Camila cried hopelessly.

"I don't believe this..." Dinah was shocked. "I understand completely, and you can take all the time in the world to stay here. She's your girlfriend... She's one of my best friends.. She's Lauren." Dinah let it sink in that Lauren was alive. They watched her take an order from an older couple, across the room. The way her eyes shined and the way she took good care of everyone. She was still perfect, just as she always was. Both of their hearts were hurting and throbbing for the best friend they used to know, but they no longer had her. Maybe she would wake up someday and realize who she is.. Or maybe she'll marry Justin and be Lilly. Either way, Camila couldn't leave the situation alone. She was staying at the hotel and working at the restaurant.

"Thank you for being you." Camila said. "I love you Dinah." She gave Dinah a warm and tight hug.

"I'm going to tell Mani and Ally. We'll be thinking about you, stay in touch Mila. I love you too." The two best friends embraced each other again. There friendship was the strongest of them all, and it could never be broken no matter what. Dinah left the restaurant, still in shock but happy to know that Lauren hadn't been dead, and that maybe, just maybe... They could get her back one day.