Chapter Six: Four is definitely a crowd

After the doppleganger's outburst, silence hung in the air. Elena, Lillian, and Damon all wore the same shocked and fearful expressions, while the other girl looked extremly mentally disoriented. Isobel stepped forward and made eye contact with Lillian, "This is Daphne, the doppleganger. There, you have your proof now we're leaving," she turned back and grabbed Daphne by the shoulder attempting to shove her out the door. Elena, Lillian, and Daphne all shouted a different protest. "No mom! What the hell is a doppleganger? Why does she look like me?" Daphne asked.

"It is you that looks like me dear. I was born a century and half before you," Lillian smirked.

"You haven't told her anything about what we are, have you?" Elena asked, still keeping up the Katherine facade. Isobel gave Elena a pleading look, but Elena ignored it. Daphne turned to Elena and pointed, "I've seen you somewhere."

"No you haven't," Isobel interjected. Daphne scolded her mother and turned back to Elena, "I found a picture of you packed up in our attic." Elena's arrogant expression faltered and she glanced to Isobel who said, "That wasn't her."

"What is going on?" All five heads snapped to the door, where Katherine stood. Her hair was straightened and she was in jeans and converse, obviously impersonating Elena. Lillian glanced at Elena, mouthing What the hell? Elena shrugged her shoulders.

"Is this apart of the plan?" Damon whispered in Lillian's ears. His hot breath on her neck sent a chill down her spine. "Well if you didn't try to cock block my plans you would know, but no this is not apart of the plan. Just go with it though," Lillian replied. "Right," Damon agreed after a moment of hesitating.

"Elena," Isobel said in surprise as she looked over her daughter, "How are you?" Katherine stuck her hand in Isobel's face as she passed her, "Save it," Then she turned to Lillian, "Is this the doppleganger?" Lillian nodded and Katherine turned towards Daphne, giving her a small smile, "Hi I'm Elena Gilbert." Daphne looked at Katherine and then at Elena and then at her mother, "Someone tell me what is going on right now!"

"You going to tell her or should I?" Elena turned to Isobel. Isobel hesitated to answer so Elena crossed the room and began explaining, "Everyone in this room is a vampire, including your mother," she stood by Katherine who didn't have to fake the annoyed look on her face, "Her and I are dopplegangers. You and her are sisters." Daphne's eyes narrowed and she glanced over to her mother.

"Yeah, mommy dearest over there gave this one up at birth. Her over there," Elena pointed to Lillian, "That's my sister and your doppleganger. Now what is a doppleganger you may ask?" she crossed back over to stand in front of Daphne, "Basically a double of a living person. Though you have no supernatural powers, you're counted as a supernatural being so congratulations welcome to the family!" She said sarcastically. "Okay Daphne I think it's time we leave," Isobel attempted to push her out of the house once more. "No mom!" Daphne yanked herself from Isobel's grip, "I'm not going anywhere with you, you liar!"

"Ouch!" Damon commented. Lillian giggled a little but slapped him on the shoulder.

"Daphne I am your mother and you will not speak to me that way! We are leaving right now!" Isobel demanded. "You can leave but I'm staying here." Before Isobel could protest Elena interrupted, "Take a hint, you're not wanted here." Isobel stepped up to Elena, giving her a deadly glare, "You hurt my child and I swear you will regret it."

"Aw that's cute," Elena said and then Isobel vanished.

"How did she leave so fast? It's like she vanished!" Daphne asked in shock. "Because she's a vampire," Elena answered.

Katherine started slow clapping, causing everyone to turn to her, "Bravo Elena, who knew you were such a great actor," then she turned to Damon and Lillian, "Thanks, I didn't even have to lift a finger," she smirked and then both her and Daphne disappeared.